Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
WidthMen: StandardWomen: Standard
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Updates to Vibram Alitza Loop
- The Vibram FiveFingers Alitza Loop is a cross-training shoe designed with a woman’s foot in mind. It’s loop accent, though dainty, delivers support to the top and sides, allowing the shoe to keep up with the physical demands of high-intensity workouts.
- The trainer builds upon the success of the original Alitza as it delivers the same barefoot experience in the feminine shell. Like the previous model, it does not have a midsole, but a 2-mm insole. Instead of the ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) insert, this version uses the Anti-Microbial Drilex Sockliner that wicks moisture away from the foot and also keeps the inside odor-free.
- The outsole is made of Vibram’s XS TREK compound. It is a durable rubber that provides traction and stability on most types of surfaces.
- The striking difference between the two models is that the older version featured more elastic straps that delivered a snug fit at the top of the foot. The FiveFingers Alitza Loop has only one small elastic band that connects the loops in the middle for a secure fit.
- The material of the upper has been changed from polyester to polyamide. Both fabrics are stretchy which allows them to conform to the shape of the foot, but the polyamide is less hydrophobic than polyester.
- Components used in this footwear are vegan-friendly. There are no animal products or by-products used in the construction of this shoe.
Vibram Alitza Loop size and fit
The FiveFingers Alitza Loop is designed to meet the unique needs of a woman’s foot. It is typically true to size and comes in B - Medium width. The product is constructed with no adjustable straps or laces and the upper envelopes the foot. These factors should be considered when getting an accurate fit.
The FiveFingers Alitza uses Vibram’s proprietary XS TREK compound. This rubber delivers an optimal balance between traction and durability. It was engineered to provide a stable platform and attenuate the force of impact. It also wraps to the front of the toes to protect them from stubbing.
The outsole features a serrated blade tread pattern. This design promotes flexibility and enhances traction without compromising its durability.
The absence of a proper midsole contributes to the Alitza Loop’s barefoot profile. Lining the bottom of the inside is a 2mm Anti-Microbial Drilex Sockliner. This thin material wicks moisture away from the foot and also prevents the development of odor. It also keeps the pads of the foot protected.
Stretch polyamide is used in the upper of the Vibram FiveFingers Alitza Loop. This fabric is a stretchy polymer that offers moisture-resistance. It is breathable and keeps the inside fresh. The material is also designed to prevent debris from getting inside the footwear.
Suede overlays adorn the midfoot to give lateral support for the foot. Their intricate pattern also adds style to the trainer. The loops are connected by the elastic strap that makes the shoe convenient for the user to put on. A pull tab can be found on the external side of the collar that serves as leverage when the product is being worn.
The overall design of this shoe resembles another barefoot model from Vibram, the FiveFingers VI-S. It sports an even more stripped-down style, giving the foot a more delicate vibe.