10 Best Training Shoes (Buyer's Guide)
What are training shoes?
Training shoes are used for training (duh). They are constructed differently from running shoes as they target exercises which are performed in the gym:
- aerobic/anaerobic conditioning: jumping, lunging, speed and agility training, HIIT, etc.
- strength training/weightlifting: squats, deadlifts, cleans, jerks, bench presses, etc.
Depending on a specific set of activities they accommodate, training shoes are also divided into several categories:
Short runs (< 5km)
HIIT & Agility training
Best for: moderate gym workouts; can double as casual wear
- cushioned sole
- high impact protection
- lightweight (~200 - 300 grams/shoe)
Best for: Olympic weightlifting
- very durable
- heavy (~400 - 500 grams/shoe)
- elevated heel (15 - 25 mm)
- non-compressible platform
Best for: intermediate to advanced gym sessions
- flat and firm sole
- more durable
- better side support
- better ground feel
- low drop (0 - 4 mm)
- has protection for rope climbs
How we review training shoes
At RunRepeat, we monitor the market of training footwear on a daily basis to provide you with the most up-to-date recommendations. Our ratings are regularly revised, taking into account the newest reviews and shoe releases.
- We have researched and compared more than 300 training shoes to choose the best.
- Over 250,000 user and expert reviews were analyzed to list the pros and cons of each shoe.
Our verdict for each shoe is represented by the CoreScore, a number from 1-100. It reflects the summarized users’ opinions on the trainer.
Ranking of the 10 best training shoes
Based on 340,235 user ratings 252 expert reviews
- #1Adidas Power Perfect 35 colors96Superb!981 reviews
- #2Adidas AdiPower Weightlifting Shoes4 colors97Superb!1000+ reviews
- #3Adidas Adipower 26 colors96Superb!292 reviews
- #4Nike Metcon Sport7 colors97Superb!852 reviews
- #5Reebok CrossFit Nano 95 colors96Superb!1000+ reviews
- #6Adidas Powerlift 410 colors96Superb!1000+ reviews
- #7Reebok CrossFit Nano 8 Flexweave8 colors96Superb!1000+ reviews
- #8Reebok Nano X6 colors96Superb!1000+ reviews
- #9Reebok HIIT3 colors94Great!537 reviews
- #10Puma Tazon 6 FM7 colors95Great!1000+ reviews
Here is a list of all 322 training shoes, where you can sort by “best rated” and apply filters.
Top 5 most popular training shoes
Popular training shoes aren't the better rated ones
The best training shoes in every category
- Best Nike training shoe: Nike Metcon Sport (#4 overall)
- Best weightlifting shoes: Adidas AdiPower Weightlifting Shoes (#2 overall)
- Best cross-training shoes: Nike Metcon Sport (#4 overall)
- Best workout shoes: Puma Tazon 6 FM (#17 overall)
- Best gym shoes: Adidas AdiPower Weightlifting Shoes (#2 overall)
- Best crossfit shoes: Nike Metcon Sport (#4 overall)
- Best Reebok crossfit shoes: Reebok CrossFit Nano 9 (#5 overall)
- Best Nike workout shoes: Nike Free TR 8 (#18 overall)
Which training shoes brand has better reviews?
Which brand is cheaper?
Now, are you ready to buy training shoes?