10 Best Training Shoes (Buyer's Guide)
What are training shoes?
Training shoes are used for training (duh). They are constructed differently from running shoes as they target exercises which are performed in the gym:
- aerobic/anaerobic conditioning: jumping, lunging, speed and agility training, HIIT, etc.
- strength training/weightlifting: squats, deadlifts, cleans, jerks, bench presses, etc.
Depending on a specific set of activities they accommodate, training shoes are also divided into several categories:
HIIT & Agility training
Best for: moderate gym workouts; can double as casual wear
- cushioned sole
- high impact protection
- lightweight (~200 - 300 grams/shoe)
Best for: Olympic weightlifting
- very durable
- heavy (~400 - 500 grams/shoe)
- elevated heel (15 - 25 mm)
- non-compressible platform
Best for: intermediate to advanced gym sessions
- flat and firm sole
- more durable
- better side support
- better ground feel
- low drop (0 - 4 mm)
- has protection for rope climbs
How we review training shoes
At RunRepeat, we monitor the market of training footwear on a daily basis to provide you with the most up-to-date recommendations. Our ratings are regularly revised, taking into account the newest reviews and shoe releases.
- We have researched and compared more than 300 training shoes to choose the best.
- Over 250,000 user and expert reviews were analyzed to list the pros and cons of each shoe.
Our verdict for each shoe is represented by the CoreScore, a number from 1-100. It reflects the summarized users’ opinions on the trainer.
Ranking of the 10 best training shoes
Based on 1,002,889 user ratings 830 expert reviews
- #1Reebok Nano X9 colors93Superb!1000+ reviews
- #2Reebok CrossFit Nano 96 colors93Superb!1000+ reviews
- #3Adidas Powerlift 411 colors93Superb!1000+ reviews
- #4Adidas AdiPower Weightlifting Shoes4 colors93Superb!1000+ reviews
- #5Reebok CrossFit Nano 6.07 colors93Superb!1000+ reviews
- #6Nike Metcon 68 colors92Superb!582 reviews
- #7Nike Metcon Sport7 colors92Superb!1000+ reviews
- #8Reebok CrossFit Nano 8 Flexweave9 colors92Superb!1000+ reviews
- #9Reebok CrossFit Speed TR 2.09 colors92Superb!1000+ reviews
Here is a list of all 318 training shoes, where you can sort by “best rated” and apply filters.
Top 5 most popular training shoes
Popular training shoes aren't the better rated ones
The best training shoes in every category
- Best Nike Metcon training shoe: Nike Metcon Sport (#7 overall)
- Best Nike training shoe: Nike Metcon Sport (#7 overall)
- Best weightlifting shoes: Adidas Powerlift 4 (#2 overall)
- Best Nike Train training shoe: Nike Train Speed 4 (#186 overall)
- Best cross-training shoes: Reebok CrossFit Nano 6.0 (#1 overall)
- Best workout shoes: Puma Defy Luxe (#11 overall)
- Best crossfit shoes: Reebok CrossFit Nano 6.0 (#1 overall)
- Best gym shoes: Reebok CrossFit Nano 6.0 (#1 overall)
Now, are you ready to buy training shoes?