We go down the rabbit hole when it comes to running shoe technologies, features, and lab tests. See all our in-depth guides.
The ultimate guide to running shoe foams
Why cutting running shoes in half is key to measuring midsole softness
The role of heel counters in running shoes
A runner's guide to choosing the right toebox
The definitive guide to running shoe breathability
All you need to know about rockered running shoes
How brands' heel-to-toe drop measurements differ from reality in running shoes
Understanding the differences in men's and women's running shoes
In-depth insights into running shoe outsoles (road & trail)
How much does the weight vary across different running shoe sizes?
1. We cut shoes in half to be able to see what's inside and do accurate tests.
2. In our lab, we measure and assess over 20 parameters for each shoe.
3. Our tests are standardized, and our results are comparable.
4. We also wear test shoes in their appropriate settings.
5. No bias: we buy all the shoes on our own and accept no sponsorships.