Good to know
- Designed for men leading an active lifestyle, the Lunar Prime Iron II is ready for action from the streets to the gym. This stylish workout shoe from Nike is created with tough materials that could endure grueling workout sessions.
- The upper is made of mesh to keep the foot chamber ventilated. The fabric is strengthened by synthetic overlays in the key areas.
- The Flywire technology delivers lateral support by integrating with the lacing system. The cables become taut when the laces are tightened, delivering a snug fit.
- To keep the foot moving, the footwear features the Lunarlon midsole. This technology is developed to be responsive to deliver a bouncy feel that keeps the foot comfortable and supported.
- The underside of the Lunar Prime Iron II is lined with rubber. This compound is hard-wearing and provides traction on different surfaces.
The Nike Lunar Prime Iron II caters to a man’s foot shape. It is available in US sizes 6 to 15. The width comes in a D - Medium profile. Nike offers the Size Guide tool which helps people correctly measure their feet and choose the right shoe size.
The outsole of the Nike Lunar Prime Iron II is made of rubber. This compound is designed to be durable in order to hold up during rigorous workout sessions. It extends to the front of the toes to protect the area during moves that require pushing off using the tip of the footgear.
Under the ball area of the trainer are the flex grooves. These furrows facilitate the natural flexion of the foot to impede plantar pains during a workout.
The tread pattern on this model is devised to provide multi-surface traction. The concentric markings allow the outsole to grip surfaces better and forestall slippage.
The Nike Lunar Prime Iron II employs the Lunarlon midsole. This foam technology has two parts: the core and the carrier. The soft and lightweight core is resilient. It spreads the shock from the impact to prevent injuries to the foot and the rest of the lower extremities. As for the carrier, this firm component serves as a shell that hampers the core from losing its shape, so that it could spring back up and be ready for the next hit. In this model, the carrier foam partially extends upwards at the lateral side of the midfoot to give support during side-to-side movements.
Containing the foot is the mesh textile. This fabric is meant to be breathable to keep the inside of the Nike Lunar Prime Iron II well-ventilated. No-sew synthetic overlays are used to reinforce high-abrasion areas such as the toe box and the side panels. They avert fraying of the underlying mesh.
The Flywire cables integrate with the lacing system. These thin but durable strings enhance the lateral support of the upper when the laces are cinched. They provide a snug yet non-restricting fit.
The thin tongue evenly spreads the pressure created by the laces. This flap thwarts the laces from irritating the skin of the instep.
As for the lightly padded collar, it locks the foot down to avoid accidental shoe removal while the user is in motion. It also inhibits chafing in the ankle area.