Nike Air Huarache Sneakers
Extraordinary sneaker designs either stand out as audacious, get criticized left and right, or left to gather dust on the shelves. Fortunately, with the Nike Air Huarache, one of the weird looking sneakers by Nike, things turned out to be favorable. Its chunky frame with a signature fat set of heel straps is far from the unpretentious and incredibly basic Nike Classic Cortez, Nike Roshe LD 1000, Nike Tennis Classic, or Nike Tanjun that were readily welcomed by anyone elsewhere. Huarache’s uniqueness was its best asset and most persuasive selling point.
Created by Tinker Hatfield, Nike’s master of avant-garde and pioneering sneaker concepts, the Nike Air Huarache shoes caught the world’s attention when it surfaced in 1991. It was meant to redraft the design aesthetics of running trainers in the 90s that without sweating it out it developed a fan base among sneaker die-hards who were inclined to its unusually appealing silhouette.
Like many of Tinker’s iconic designs such as the Air Jordan 3 to Air Jordan 6, Air Jordan 11 to Air Jordan 14, Air Jordan XX, Air Jordan XX3, Air Jordan XX8, Nike Air Max 1, Nike Air Max 90, Nike Air Max 180, Nike Air Trainer 1, among a bunch of others, the Nike Air Huarache sneakers became hot commodities as well.
Today, the sensational running shoe from the ‘90s continues to grab attention while it maintains its position as a casual, street-ready sneaker. Done with the distinctly recognizable foot-hugging neoprene upper, the modernized Nike Air Huarache sneakers come in a diversified selection of colors, prints, and lacing systems, in low and high-top variations. The trademark ankle wrap combined with a closure system was reworked in a variety of stylish ways with the objective to keep the foot securely in place and supported.
Most Popular Nike Air Huarache Shoes, Distinct Features, Sizing, Colorways
Nike Air Huarache
Through the ingenuity of Nike’s design maverick Tinker Hatfield, the Nike Air Huarache was conceived in 1991. Back then its design was entirely advanced for its time which somehow revolutionized the construction and fit of traditional running shoes.
The Nike Air Huarache was patterned after the neoprene material used in water ski boots. Tinker was apparently amazed at the durability and flexibility of neoprene boots and how these conformed to the contour of the foot and ankle. He incorporated the same foot-hugging concept into sports performance footwear which led to the birth of the ultramodern Nike Air Huarache sneaker collection.
As earlier reported, the initial design of Nike Air Huarache got its share of criticisms from naysayers who thought it was weird and outrageous. But the tables were turned when one of Nike’s product managers by the name of Tom Hartge boldly signed an order to create five thousand pairs. He gambled on the Air Huarache and brought the entire bunch to the New York Marathon. Lo and behold, the Nike Air Huarache sneakers were swept out in three days. The news rippled on and that in a month’s time the brand sold nearly half a million pairs of Nike Air Huarache shoes.
The modified Nike Air Huarache sneakers are customizable through Nike’s official websites. You may dress up the snug-fitting bootie according to your choice of contrasting shades for the overlays, laces, heels strap, base, lining, midsole, and even outsole. You may also personalize the logo on the tongue by adding in a 6-letter text.
The recent versions of the Nike Air Huarache shoes retailed at a reasonable cost of $110. These are available in sizes from 5 to 15 US and 5 to 12 in men’s and women’s respectively, and in medium width for both genders.
Distinct features of Nike Air Huarache shoes:
- A mixture of materials makes up the upper, such as neoprene, leather or synthetic overlays, textile and thermoplastic polyurethane for the caging system.
- The neoprene inner bootie is tactically wrapped with synthetic overlays and a rubber heel counter that comfortably grants support on strategic areas.
- Its Phylon foam midsole comes with encapsulated pressurized Nike Air units in the forefoot and heel that provides cushioning throughout the day.
- Its long-lasting rubber outsole is designed with a waffle pattern for traction.
Color groupings of Nike Air Huarache sneakers:
From the “Scream Green” and “Purple Punch” colorways of the 1990s original model, tons of other shades were released by Nike through the years as it continually comes up with updated styles for the Nike Air Huarache shoes using heaps of color combinations and patterns, tapping the varying preferences of consumers. We have enlisted the colorways available for the popular variations of Nike Air Huarache sneakers by segregating them according to the following color groups:
Bright color – sneakers covered with an entirely vibrant mixture of colors or neon tints that tend to draw attention
Light color – soft-toned sneakers including pastels and non-neutral hues
Subdued color – a combination of colors with lower intensity or lesser strength as opposed to the vibrant ones
Neutral color – made of earth tones such as black, white, gray, brown, beige either covering most parts of the shoe or entire shoe
Solid color – consists of the same shade in most parts of the upper or all over the shoe that’s non- neutral
Combination – contains printed patterns such as camo motif, graphics, and text.
Tons of colorways were made out of the original DNA of Nike Air Huarache. Some of the assortments of shades available for the current Nike Air Huarache sneakers are the following:
- Nike Air Huarache black/solar red/anthracite
- Nike Air Huarache black/black/white/black
- Nike Air Huarache white/pure platinum/white, black/grey/black
- Nike Air Huarache white/white, bio beige/light silver/gum light brown/summit white
- Nike Air Huarache desert sand/guava ice/gum light brown/summit white
- Nike Air Huarache smokey mauve/diffused taupe/black/summit white
- Nike Air Huarache black/white/black
- Nike Air Huarache black/black
- Nike Air Huarache varsity red/varsity red/varsity red
- Nike Air Huarache black/solar red/anthracite
- Nike Air Huarache habanero red/white/pure platinum/black
Variations of the Nike Air Huarache model
Nike Air Huarache Premium
As its name suggests, this premium edition gets a more sophisticated look than the typical Air Huarache varieties. Apart from the usual neoprene snug-fitting bootie and leather overlays, Nike got a bit more adventurous and bold with the Air Huarache Premium. This style is either outfitted with a lively mix of colors on several segments on the upper or garbed with a speckled midsole and striking set of laces.
Taken as a much sought after variation among heaps of stylish Nike Air Huarache shoes, this fascinating model can be your ticket to high street fashion. The hodgepodge of colors and patterns on this shoe makes it a conversation piece that promptly pulls up your mundane shirt and jeans combo or gives your coat and tapered pants a head-turning look.
The Air Huarache Premium is a unisex sneaker which is available in sizes running from 5.5 to 11.5 US and 8 to 13 US in women’s and men’s respectively. This kick is priced a bit higher than the customary Nike Air Huarache sneakers, but consumers deemed it to be worth every penny since it is made of high-quality detailing.
Some of the available colorways:
Bright – Nike Air Huarache Premium royal tint/blue void/neptune green/sail
Neutral - Nike Air Huarache Premium anthracite/light bone/black/ black, Nike Air Huarache Premium wheat/light bone/ale brown/black, Nike Air Huarache Premium oil grey/rainforest/bright mango/sail, and Nike Air Huarache Premium desert/burgundy ash/royal tint/sail
Solid color – Nike Air Huarache Premium chenille
Combination - Nike Air Huarache Premium Desert ore/canteen-gum, Nike Air Huarache Premium cargo khaki/volt-sequoia
Nike Air Huarache SE
The classic Huarache runner gets reimagined using layers of textures and shades that particularly appeal to the style-savvy sneaker crowd. Rebranded as the Nike Air Huarache SE, this revamped style is fully clad with a mixture of leather and fabric that’s supple to the touch. It has an adequately padded collar and tongue in a one-piece sock-like structure.
The tiny detailing on this kick makes it a cut above the rest. Apart from the noticeable ridged, velvety fabric that wraps the forefoot, toe and midfoot, this special edition sneaker comes with an interesting set of laces. The flat shoestrings feature a shiny pair of aglets that flash tiny Swoosh branding.
Given its well-thought-out upper composition that rests atop a cushiony Phylon midsole and hard-wearing outsole, many consider the Huarache SE a worthy add-on to their sneaker rotation. Followers of the Nike Air Huarache sneakers who are drawn to this refined version consider its $120 cost very reasonable.
The colors available for the Nike Air Huarache SE look elegant on foot and versatile enough to mix and match with hordes of casual wear. Some of the offered colorways for these Nike Air Huarache shoes are:
Bright – Nike Air Huarache SE white/black/rainforest green/wild mango
Light - Nike Air Huarache SE guava Ice/black/white/guava ice
Subdued - Nike Air Huarache SE varsity royal/cool grey
Neutral - Nike Air Huarache SE mica green/black/white and matte/silver
Solid - Nike Air Huarache SE bordeaux/black/white/bordeaux
Other Nike Air Huarache iterations are:
- Nike Air Huarache 91 QS
- Nike Air Huarache Print
- Nike Huarache SD
- Nike Air Huarache Run Just Do It (JDI)
- Nike Air Huarache Exclusive Flint Spin Fabric
- Nike Air Huarache Run Ultra N7
- Nike Air Huarache Run Floral
- Nike Air Huarache Run Mid
- Nike Air Huarache Run Premium TXT
Nike Air Huarache Ultra
Taking on the same design philosophy as the original close-fitting model, where less is more, is the Nike Air Huarache Ultra. This updated version centers on the essential elements of the retro Nike Air Huarache sneakers adored by sneakerheads and Swoosh brand followers, particularly its comfort features, ease of foot entry, flexibility, and the trademark sock-like fit.
These unisex Nike Air Huarache sneakers come very affordable with its $115 price tag. You may obtain a pair with a true-to-size fitting from 5 to 11.5 US for the women’s and 6 to 13 US for the men’s.
Some of the Air Huarache Ultra’s notable characteristics:
- This model gets the Nike “Ultra” treatment, a method that keeps its composition lightweight using a cored out flex sole.
- Considered as a go-to athleisure sneaker, the Air Huarache Ultra consists of a one-piece upper.
- Its upper lacing system is adjustable according to one’s preferred fit.
- It showcases the same supportive heel strap that extends to the midfoot.
- Flywire cables are lined on strategic areas across the midfoot that grant support without the added weight.
- Its Air-Sole cushioning delivers the needed shock absorption.
- The carved out flex grooves on the outsole provide traction.
These Nike Air Huarache shoes are commonly used for walking around the city and light workouts that go suitably well with tight pants, leggings, and joggers. These are obtainable in the following colorways:
- Nike Air Huarache Ultra university red/blackened blue/provence purple/sail
- Nike Air Huarache Ultra elemental rose/white/wolf grey
- Nike Air Huarache Ultra navy/obsidian/white/diffused blue
- Nike Air Huarache Ultra black/black/white/black
Modifications of the Nike Air Huarache Ultra model
Nike Air Huarache Ultra Breathe
Nike added another salient feature to the heritage Huarache model, the proprietary Tech Ultramesh which is the heart and soul of the Huarache Ultra Breathe. The name of this iteration is a giveaway to what one can expect from its design -- breathability. The mesh feature on the upper does not only keep this shoe well ventilated but ultralight as well.
- The upper is bolstered by Flywire cables that give the feet the right amount of support where it is needed. To achieve maximum heel-to-toe comfort, Nike embedded a responsive Air-Sole cushioning into the foam midsole.
- Another distinct element of the Nike Air Huarache Ultra BR is the raised collar which gives off a more elegant approach than the customary Nike Air Huarache sneakers.
- The Nike Air Huarache Ultra BR is initially presented in flashy Total Crimson and intrepid black shades.
- Other colorways available for this model are Triple black, triple white, pale grey/pale grey/summit white, and olive.
- This Air Huarache sneaker adaptation is accessible at a markedly economical cost of $130.
Nike Air Huarache Ultra Premium
The Air Huarache Ultra gets a premium layout as its standard mesh surface is replaced by a raised texture marked by a hexagonal pattern. This tweaked design gives the Huarache Ultra Premium a distinctive look which is accentuated by a 3M reflective feature on the tongue. The Huarache heel strap attribute on this model is made of an elastic band that’s attached to a TPU support.
Other variations of this modified model come with a leather front and midfoot, while the back is stitched with a stretchy textile. On the flipside, the outsole is structured with a cored out Nike Ultra sole which offers comfort in a lightweight format.
Another premium iteration was released by Nike Sportswear in 2016 in luxurious black leather cover. Dropped alongside the Nike Beautiful x Powerful campaign, this version pays homage to Joan Benoit Samuelson, the first ever woman Olympiad who snagged the gold award at the 1984 Los Angeles Summer Olympics. Her competitive spirit was an inspiration to many women athletes that the Swoosh brand found it fitting to celebrate her contribution to the running world through a sneaker tribute, by launching a triple black leather adaptation of the Huarache.
- These Air Huarache Ultra PRM sneakers are is obtainable at a fair price of $130.
- The sizes available for these sneakers vary per color, which generally ranges from 5 to 11 US for women and 7 to 10 in men.
- Aside from the triple black and triple white variants, other Air Huarache PRM colorways available are silt red/red stardust/sail or merely pink and royal tint/blue void/neptune green/sail.
Nike Air Huarache Ultra SE
Nike experimented on an assortment of textures when it dropped several special modifications of the Nike Air Huarache Ultra. These sneakers are garbed with leather overlays and various textile patterns such as corduroy and heather knit. The combination of textile and leather that drape its sleek structure is complemented by the Nike Flywire system, elastic inner lining, and a stretchy band on the rear.
- The Air Huarache Ultra SE can be purchased in men’s sizes that run from 7 to 14 US. Women buyers have to size up 1.5 their standard sneaker size to obtain their desired fit.
- The leather and textile combo are seen in the following colorways: pure platinum/igloo, black/ dark grey/sail, black/white, team red/gym red/sail black, and dark blue or obsidian/neutral indigo/ sail. The colorways that possess a knitted front, neoprene bootie, plus an elastic heel strap are university red/ black/white and white/black.
Other variants of the Nike Air Huarache Ultra:
- Nike Air Huarache Ultra SI
- Nike Air Huarache Ultra Jacquard
Nike Air Flight Huarache
The original Nike Air Flight Huarache was designed as a ball shoe by two of Nike’s top designers, Tinker Hatfield and Eric Avar. It landed on the hardwood in 1992 with a tightly snug neoprene cover that delivers comfort and support, plus the recognizable cut-out design for the ankle. This collar feature made the Air Flight Huarache one of the lightweight basketball sneakers at that time.
The famed and radical Fab Five from the same era, namely Ray Jackson, Jalen Rose, Juwan Howard, Jimmy King and Chris Webber who were ball team players from the influential University of Michigan turned the Air Flight Huarache into a court star. This group was known for their strong inclination to hip-hop culture and lifestyle that somehow gave the Air Flight Huarache a street-appropriate interpretation.
Other legendary basketball players, specifically from the NBA like Reggie Miller and Scottie Pippen also fell in love with the Air Flight Huarache. In 2004, Nike came out with a player exclusive model carved out from the Air Flight Huarache specifically for Kobe Bryant. Also featuring a soft inner sleeve, the specialized shoe was called the Nike Zoom Huarache 2K4.
More modern and clean-lined basketball shoe remakes came out in the coming years such as the Kyrie Irving’s Nike Kyrie 2 ‘Kyrache’ and like the original, this model showcases a neoprene bootie and Huarache-resembling Kyrie logo on the tongue, plus a modernized midfoot strap.
Notable facets found in this type of Nike Air Flight Huarache sneakers are as follows:
- It is structured with Nike’s Dynamic Fit that consists of internal straps that pull tight around the foot for supportive and secured fit. This feature molds and adapts to the movement of the feet.
- The lining works like an exoskeleton that gives this shoe a snug fit.
- The upper is made of neoprene and leather
Some of the favorite colorways of Nike Air Flight Huarache sneakers which are generally retailed at a wallet-friendly cost of $110 are as follows:
- Nike Air Flight Huarache Low “Ostrich” (2016) – white/ black-pure platinum
- Nike Air Flight Huarache white/white-ice (2015)
- Nike Air Flight Huarache black/Lyon blue
- Nike Air Flight Huarache white/black-Lyon blue- bold berry (2015)
- Nike Air Flight Huarache university red/black
Reworked iterations of the Nike Air Flight Huarache
- Nike Air Flight Huarache Ultra
- Nike Air Flight Huarache N7
Nike Air Huarache Drift
The Nike Air Huarache Drift is inspired by a hodgepodge of earlier Nike’s models such as the Nike Huarache Racer, Huarache Run, and Huarache International. This model which is offered at men’s sizes from 6 to 15 US in medium width, can be secured at a reasonable cost of $120. Just like other fresh iterations of the old-school runner, this model comes with a minimalist upper that’s integrated with Flywire cable system for a lockdown fit.
The Air Huarache Drift comes with the following distinct features:
- It has a removable lace clip that promotes a customized and secure
- This updated version stands out with its thick and removable midfoot strap which can be altered according to one’s preferred fit.
- Flywire cables are positioned on the lateral and medial sides which offer support in every stride.
- Its soft inner bootie composition embraces the feet snugly.
- It comes with a distinctive, harness-like strap on the heel to the midfoot which is similar to the rear side of sandals.
- The midsole is composed of a durable Phylon foam and Air-Sole bags on the front and back for enhanced cushioning.
- Its outsole has rubber pods that offer traction.
- Nike Air Huarache Drift flash crimson/volt/black/persian violet
- Nike Air Huarache Drift gym red/black/volt/white
- Nike Air Huarache Drift volt/white/black
- Nike Air Huarache racer blue/white/blue void/volt
- Nike Air Huarache black/white, black/anthracite/white/black, white/black
Some of the variations of the Nike Air Huarache Drift:
- Nike Air Huarache Premium
- Nike Air Huarache SE
- Nike Air Huarache Breathe
Nike Air Huarache City
Just like the Air Huarache Drift, the City version of the Air Huarache is one of the most modern interpretations of the retro running style, structured initially in high top form. A low-top version emerged later called the Nike Air Huarache City Low. Many lady consumers are attracted to its ultra-stylish design that’s composed of a single bootie upper with straps all over, which makes it look appropriate for training.
Nike got quite playful with the Air Huarache City by dressing it up with several vibrant fusions of colors that create an instant connection to its captive audience, the female community. The youthful vibe of these Nike Air Huarache sneakers is fitting for the athleisure fashion which makes it a perfect match for slim track pants, leggings, figure-hugging joggers, yoga pants, running shorts, among many others.
The original prices of the low-top and high-top Nike Air Huarache sneakers are $120 and $140 respectively. These women exclusive Nike Air Huarache sneakers are obtainable in the following sizing options: 5 to 12 for the Nike Air Huarache City Low and 5 to 14.5 for the high-top counterpart. Men have to go 1.5 larger than their typical shoe size to get hold of a corresponding women’s size.
Here are some of the standout elements of the Nike Air Huarache City:
- It comes with a series of closure options such as adjustable straps and removable laces that give users the option to freely customize the fit for a locked down and comfy stride.
- The high-top versions have hook and loop stretchy Velcro straps that wrap the ankle, across the midfoot and heel for a guaranteed tailored fit.
- The low-top varieties have a heel-to-midfoot strap and removable laces for personalized styling.
- One of the best aspects of this variety is the interchangeable, lightly padded bands on the heel which prevent tightness at the back of the foot.
- Its bootie makeup consists of stretchable neoprene and mesh materials which make the upper flexible and breathable.
- Its injected Phylon midsole keeps the weight of the shoe down
- The Air-Sole cushioning integrated into the midsole offers a bouncy feel.
Nike took credit of the different style preferences of consumers. Whether you’re fond of flashy hues, light colors, or earthy shades, there might be one, or two, or more from these Nike Air Huarache City colorways that could suit your fancy.
- Nike Air Huarache City wolf grey/light retro/bright grape/wolf grey
- Nike Air Huarache City wolf grey/fierce purple/hyper jade/white
- Nike Air Huarache City white/gym blue/total crimson/vast grey
- Nike Air Huarache City multi-color/racer pink/vivid sulfur/black
- Nike Air Huarache City sail/light racer blue/tangerine tint/light menta
- Nike Air Huarache City white/black-neon yellow-magenta
- Nike Air Huarache City cool grey/oracle pink/total crimson/summit white
- Nike Air Huarache City black/diffused blue/racer pink/navy
- Nike Air Huarache City white/black/persian violet/black
- Nike Air Huarache City desert sand/white/gum light brown/desert sand
- Nike Air Huarache City light carbon/crimson tint/white/light carbon
- Nike Air Huarache City black/dark grey/gum light brown/black
- Nike Air Huarache City barely grey/white/barely grey
- Nike Air Huarache City wolf grey/white/wolf grey
- Nike Air Huarache City cargo khaki/white/cargo khaki
Other alternative styles of the Air Huarache City sneaker:
- Nike Air Huarache City Low
- Nike Air Huarache City Low
- Nike Air Huarache City Just Do It (JDI)
Nike Air Huarache Light
The Nike Air Huarache Light is another Tinker Hatfield innovation dropped in 1993, a revamped version of the running model. As its name implies, the Nike Air Huarache Light is crafted with materials that weigh less than the previous iterations. One of which is the Nike Air-Sole cushioning component, a shock absorption unit in a lightweight build.
In 2004, Nike released a retro pair of these in its unique Ultramarine colorway, a vibrant shade of blue that wraps around the mid-section of the shoe. It is one of the Nike Air Huarache sneakers that’s been a subject of collaborative ventures between Nike and other prominent lifestyle labels such as Stussy, size?, and Footpatrol.
The Huarache Light easily falls as a go-to sneaker with its smart-looking façade and exceptional lacing system. This low profile kick is something you can pair up with heaps of workout clothes and gym wear. Women can have this with a full-zip hoodie with track pants, sweatshirt with fleece pants, light parka and stretchable ankle-length pants, gym tees with seamless leggings, or workout tank top and active mid gym short. Men can sport this kick with a sleeveless hoodie and sweatpants, workout tees and jersey joggers, sports shirt and a slim fit cargo, or athletic-fit shirt and tapered fleece joggers.
These Nike Air Huarache sneakers come so light in the pocket that many consider its $95 price tag a bang for the buck. Female buyers can obtain a pair from sizes that range from 6 to 10 US; while the males can snag their preferred color from 6 to 15 US sizing. However, it is advisable to size up as these sneakers run apparently smaller than your typical sneaker length.
Below are some of the recognizable components of the Nike Air Huarache Light sneakers:
- It is built with the exoskeletal support that works as a caging system, where three sets of eyestays help gather the laces together to seal off the shoe.
- The upper is made up of breathable, soft mesh with synthetic suede overlays.
- It’s adequately padded around the collar and tongue for enhanced support.
- The heel pull tabs are placed for easy slip-on.
Some of the colorways available for the Air Huarache Light casual sneakers are:
- Black/university red/wolf grey
Nike Air Huarache Utility
The Nike Air Huarache Utility was introduced in 2015 as an innovative take on the original Huarache model. Appearing with a low profile built, this kick is also designed with lightweight elements to make it more street appropriate just like other modified variations of the retro runner.
It has kept the trademark “Huarache fit” which directly translates to a comfortable, glove-like feel with the presence of the neoprene inner sleeve and thermoplastic hardware that embraces and supports the heel. Its simple façade begs for a space in your sneaker closet as it works suitably well with a combo of outdoor shirt and jacket plus a pair of tapered pants, joggers or sweatpants.
The foot-hugging feature of this shoe accompanied by modern detailing and technology and versatile styling make it one of the reasonably priced Nike Air Huarache sneakers in the market. Throngs of consumers consider this as a year-round sneaker that’s fitting even for the cold season.
These low-top Nike Air Huarache sneakers are accessible in men’s sizes that stretch from 6 to 15 US. Women consumers may have to go 1.5 sizes down their standard foot measurement to seize an equivalent men’s size. A caveat though, these sneaker tends to run large that sizing down is recommended by those who have tried this on.
The Air Huarache Utility has a couple of recognizable attributes which makes it one of the versatile styled contemporary Huaraches suitable for everyday wear. Given its stylish appearance and functionality, consumers find it to be a good value for money that’s obtainable at $125 a pair. Here are some of the notable features found in these Nike Air Huarache sneakers:
- The use of a dynamic Flywire lace system keeps the upper looking minimalistic as it eliminated the usual external exoskeletal hardware and additional midfoot overlays.
- The rope laces are curled through the Flywire loops which give users the liberty to customize the fit.
- Instead of suede overlays, it has an infused mudguard that resembles those seen in the Nike Air Max 90 Ultra 2.0 and Nike Air Max BW Ultra SE. It not only keeps the upper looking minimal and straightforward but lightweight and durable as well.
- Nike Air Huarache Utility Triple black, black/black/bright crimson
- Nike Air Huarache Utility medium berry/black/cactus/dark grey
Nike SB Eric Huarache
Aside from the communities of runners and basketball die-hards, the Huarache finds its niche in the skateboarding world as well with the release of the Nike SB Eric Koston Huarache in 2014. Initially appearing in Blue Force colorway where the suede upper is splashed with a shade of blue, this minimal skate sneaker comes with the trademark Huarache notched inner sleeve and the apparent heel support that warrant a snug fit.
The successful drop of this mashup Huarache sneaker was followed by the launch of the stealth black mode with minimal grey detailing and contrasting white midsole. This was succeeded by the obsidian version which was also done using a suede setup. Nike did not only dwell on darker tones for the skateboarding Huarache aesthetics as it also added light-shaded Summit White and Marble editions in 2015, both donning TPU heel straps, suede upper, and mesh bootie.
Other playful mixes of colored elements were added to the SB Eric Huarache lineup, such as the Dark Obsidian leather paired with Cyber Yellow strap, eye-grabbing black suede contrasted by Hot Lava TPU heel and finished off with a gum rubber outsole.
These hybrid styles that fuse pro skater Eric Koston’s first signature shoe and components of customary Nike Air Huarache sneakers are obtainable at a wallet-friendly cost of $110. These modern-retro skate kicks are available in men’s sizes that stretch from 6 to 13 US. Women skate lovers may have to size up 1.5 higher than their typical shoe size to obtain their preferred Eric Koston Huarache design.
The Nike SB Eric Koston Huarache sneakers are easily identifiable through the following detailing:
- A nylon paneling for additional breathability complements the reinforced suede upper that's fitted for the abrasiveness of skateboarding.
- Neoprene material takes up the collar region that ensures a locked-down fit.
- Like other Nike skate shoes, the Nike SB Eric Huarache comes with a Lunarlon cushioning for optimum impact protection.
Considered as one of the strangest Huarache reinterpretations, this signature skate sneaker is available in the following colorways:
- Black/hot lava/gum/light brown
Frequently Asked Questions on the Nike Air Huarache shoes
What does Huarache mean?
Huarache is a low-heeled Mexican sandal. In 1991 Nike used the Huarache to name a running model that later brought a series of innovations. The Swoosh’s version of the Huarache has a sandal-like look since the exterior features a strap that wraps around the heel to the midfoot. Adding more twists to this Nike rendition is the use of the neoprene inner bootie, which is inspired by the wetsuit used for jet skiing. Originally named the Nike Air Huarache, this shoe incorporated the patented Nike Air-Sole cushioning for a responsive heel-to-toe ride.
How to get the suitable women’s sizes if the Air Huarache model is available in men’s sizes?
Women shoppers are not restricted from getting a variation of the Nike Air Huarache sneakers which are specifically designed for the men or available in men’s sizes. Converting women’s shoe size to men’s is simple; you just have to subtract 1.5 from your usual sneaker size. For instance, you are a size 8.5 in women’s; you can try a sneaker that’s available in size 7 in men’s. On the contrary, if you’re a male buyer and the Huarache design you wish to purchase is available in women’s sizes, you must add 1.5 to your typical numeric scale.
It is also good to note that shoes designed for women are customarily fabricated on a narrower last, a foot-shaped template used in crafting shoes, than those for men. Aside from this, the rear part of a woman’s shoe is tighter than the width at the forefoot. Meanwhile, the widths at the front and back of the men’s shoes are the same. The standard or medium size for women sneakers is B, while it is D for men’s.
What are the general parts of Nike Air Huarache sneakers?
Overlay – it covers the toe and midfoot area
Toe - the space at the forefoot between the toe bumper and eyestays
Base – the underlying material that wraps the midfoot to the rear end of the shoe which includes the tongue
Lining – the material that covers the back side of the shoe, under the heel strap or counter
Laces - the shoe laces come in flat or rope style
Heel strap or counter - Nike Air Huarache sneakers are famous for its eye-grabbing heel straps that stretch from the back of the shoe towards the midfoot. This feature, which is either made of thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) material or elastic gore, gives the Air Huarache a sandal-like appearance.
Midsole - this area rests below the upper which is typically made of shock-absorbing Phylon foam with encapsulated Air-Sole units on the forefoot and heel.
Outsole - a flexible and grooved component that covers the bottom part of the shoe.
Which Nike Air Huarache casual shoes are made with a high-top build?
- Nike Air Huarache City
- Nike Air Flight Huarache Ultra N7
- Nike Air Huarache Ultra
- Nike Air Huarache Gripp
Which Nike Air Huarache models are obtainable in women’s sizing?
- Nike Air Huarache City
- Nike Air Huarache City Low
- Nike Air Huarache SE
- Nike Air Huarache Ultra
- Nike Air Huarache Run Ultra N7
What are the entirely revamped designs of Nike Air Huarache lifestyle shoes seen in the market today?
- Nike Air Huarache City - It is easily identified by its high-top build and crisscrossing elastic straps that wrap the midfoot, heel, and ankle.
- Nike Air Huarache Drift Premium – This kick is recognized for its removable TPU lace clip and midfoot strap which give wearers the option to go lace-free with this style.
- Nike Air Huarache Gripp – It is perhaps the most eye-grabbing concept among the most recent Nike Air Huarache sneakers made with a high-top, sock style collar construction wrapped with a zip up front, ghilly laces, and a shroud that conceals all the said closure features.
Some of the latest models of the Nike Air Huarache sneakers have Flywire cables. What are these?
Flywire cables are lightweight but durable Vectran fibers which are coated with polyurethane. These thin and stretchy flexible wires are plotted within the inner sleeve and directly attached to the medial and lateral sides of the midsole. Laces are looped through this system, granting support and optimum comfort.
Do Air Huarache sneakers still fitted for basketball?
The modified versions of the Nike Air Huarache sneakers are not meant for the hardwood, but for everyday street wear. Although the original blueprint of the Nike Air Flight Huarache was structured as a basketball shoe, the current versions are no longer suitable for on-court games. The earlier styles of Nike Air Huarache sneakers have collars higher than the ankle while the revamped Nike Air Huarache sneakers are mostly slashed just around such area. The street-ready, high-top designs do not have the optimum ankle support offered by regular ball shoes.
Can I use this for running?
If you are scouring for a shoe that will help you achieve your personal best or running limits, you came to the wrong page. Though the Nike Air Huarache sneakers are rooted in running, the current styles are not equipped for such purpose anymore. The newer forms of Nike Air Huarache sneakers or the Nike Air Huarache Run models possess the proprietary Air-Sole cushioning. However, its midsole structure is more suitable for lighter activities other than running. Even though the re-established iterations grant comfort to the feet, these kicks fall short of the typical tech elements found in modern-day running shoes.
When is it best to size up or down?
The neoprene inner bootie that makes up the foot-hugging upper is stretchy. However, if it still feels tight from the toes to your ankle area, you must have gotten a smaller size. Thus, it is recommended to size up. If your sneaker measurement falls between two sizes, get the smaller size for a tighter fit or a bigger proportion for an unrestricted fit.
What are the much sought-after colors of Nike Air Huarache casual shoes?
- Nike Air Huarache black/black, $115
- Nike Air Huarache black/solar red/anthracite, $115
- Nike Air Huarache Ultra black/black/white/ black, $115
- Nike Air Huarache Ultra BR triple black, $130
- Nike Air Huarache Ultra PRM triple black, $130
- Nike Air Flight Huarache black/Lyon blue, $110
- Nike Air Flight Huarache Ultra black/black/ white/volt, $130
- Nike Air Huarache Drift black/white, black/anthracite/white/ black, $120
- Nike Air Huarache City black/dark grey/gum light brown/black, $140
- Nike Air Huarache Utility triple black, black/black/bright crimson, $125
- Nike SB Eric Koston Huarache black/hot lava/gum/light brown, $110
- Nike Air Huarache “Bio Beige,” $110
- Nike Air Huarache “Dessert Sand,” $110
- Nike Air Huarache Premium “Desert,” $130
- Nike Air Huarache Premium “Desert Ore,” $130
- Nike Air Huarache City speed red/speed red/black/gum light brown, $140
- Nike Air Huarache varsity red/varsity red/varsity red, $115
- Nike Air Huarache habanero red/white/pure platinum/black, $115
- Nike Air Huarache Ultra university red/blackened blue/provence purple/sail, $115
- Nike Ultra SE team red/gym red/sail black, $125
- Nike Air Flight Huarache university red/black, $110
- Nike Air Huarache Drift gym red/black/volt/white, $120
- Nike Air Huarache Premium oil grey/rainforest/bright mango/sail, $120
- Nike Air Huarache Ultra BR pale grey/pale grey/summit white, $130
- Nike Air Huarache City wolf grey/light retro/bright grape/wolf grey, $140
- Nike Air Huarache City wolf grey/fierce purple/hyper jade/white, $140
- Nike Air Huarache City cool grey/oracle pink/total crimson/summit white, $140
- Nike Air Huarache City barely grey/white/barely grey, $140
- Nike Air Huarache City wolf grey/white/wolf grey, $140
- Nike Air Flight Huarache Ultra N7 white/varsity maize-black, $130
- Nike Air Huarache white/pure platinum/white, $110
- Nike Air Huarache white/white, $110
- Nike Air Huarache Ultra BR triple white, $130
- Nike Air Huarache Ultra Premium pale grey/pale grey/summit white, $130
How do I clean my Air Huarache using household supplies?
- Mix antibacterial liquid dish soap with water and baking soda.
- Get 1/3 from your soap solution and soak in your grubby shoelaces before brushing off dirt.
- Use the remaining portion in shampooing your Air Huarache. Gently rub off dirt from the collar down to the outsole using a toothbrush or soft bristle shoe brush.
- Rinse off with running water.
- It is said that subjecting your shoes to heated drier may ruin its midsole cushioning, shrink its rubber, and wear off its adhesives rapidly. Thus, it is advisable to set your drier to a cool-air cycle before giving your kicks a quick spin, then have it air dried afterward.
How to diminish shoe odor?
Regularly shampooing inner soles of your Nike Air Huarache sneakers reduces the chance of developing shoe odor. Remove the insole and wash with the same soap solution described above. Make sure it air dries completely before putting them back in your Nike Air Huarache sneakers. You may also opt to purchase spare insoles or have your distressed ones replaced.
What are the nostalgic Nike Air Huarache sneakers that popped into the market since its initial drop?
1991 – Nike Air Huarache
1992 – Nike Air Flight Huarache
Nike Air Huarache International
Nike Air Trainer Huarache
Nike Air Tech Challenge Huarache
Nike Air Dynamic Flight
1993 – Nike Air Huarache Light
1994 – Nike Air Trainer Huarache
2004 – Nike Air Zoom Huarache 2K4
2009 – Nike Air Max 90 Current Huarache
2010 – Nike Zoom Huarache TR Mid
2011 – Nike Huarache Free 2012
Who are the prominent persons seen sporting or advocating the Nike Air Huarache sneakers?
- Gigi Hadid
- Bella Hadid
- Hailey Baldwin
- Bella Thorne
- Victoria Beckham
- Khloe Kardashian
- Whitney Port
- Hilary Duff
- Cristiano Ronaldo
- Jerry Seinfeld
- Michael Johnson
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...