Fit & Sizing
Soccer cleats-inspired, the Adidas Samba OG supplies ample support and stability. Given its slightly narrow construction, this shoe only offers minimal toe space. This shortcoming, however, can be fixed easily by sizing up.
These lifestyle kicks are available in men’s sizes 4-14 with its length generally running true to what is expected. Females in love with this model can get a pair at least one size smaller than their usual choice.
Adidas Samba OG Style
Sporty and sleek, the low top Adidas Samba OG can transform and elevate your look in a snap. Available in black and white colorways, these neutral yet eye-catching tones can easily be matched with any outfit in your wardrobe including jeans, shorts and chinos. Vibrant-hued pairs can be rocked with the same set of clothes. Just expect these Adidas shoes to stand out effortlessly.
While looking great, this shoe also ensures to provide adequate comfort that lasts. Thus, many consider this durable casual sneaker a wardrobe staple and a reliable everyday footwear.
This sneaker is distinguished for its slimmed-down upper. Its look will not be complete without the suede T-toe overlay and synthetic leather heel tab. For this iteration, the logo on the patch has been replaced with a ripple detailing.
Similar to its predecessor, this version continued to adopt the classic rubber gum outsole. The sole with its unique traction pattern offers improved durability as well as superior grip.
Adidas Samba OG History
Created to keep the players’ feet protected and dry from the icy ground during winter, the Adidas Samba was initially made to withstand the heart-stopping game of soccer while performing well.
Introduced in 1950, the shoe had kangaroo leather for its upper and a gum rubber for its outsole. The former is known for its comfortable fit while the latter is renowned for its superior grip and traction on various surfaces. The iconic 3-stripes is added to complete the look as well as to supply lateral support.
Athletes, not to mention sneaker enthusiasts, were captivated with its classic beauty that looked great on the field as well as the urban streets. Thus, this athletic shoe was soon adopted by the popular culture, celebrities included. The brand, keen to the ever-changing needs of their consumers, reinvented the Samba incessantly while retaining the shoe’s original silhouette.
To date, more than 35 million Samba pairs have been sold making it the 2nd most coveted Adidas creation. It is notable that this shoe is also the oldest vintage model that is still widely produced. Among the many versions of this silhouette is the Samba OG. Recognized for its rippled heel tab, the Samba OG is also crafted with top-grade materials.
- Depending on the colorway, the upper of the shoe can be made of nubuck, premium leather or woven nylon. The color of the branding on the tongue may also vary.
- Snug and secure fit can be achieved with the help of the lace-up closure which includes flat laces.
- For plush comfort, the shoe is lined with soft leather. The collar is also lightly padded.
- The option to personalize the shoe is available for some colorways and in selected Adidas stores. This feature lets the buyer add a name, hashtag, flag, number or team on both the right and left shoe for an uptick in the price.
- The Adidas logo is embossed on the undersole for further branding.
- The word Samba is printed in gold on the lateral side of the shoe.