Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
91 / 100 based on 2 expert reviews
This sneaker is available for both men and women. Like most lace-up shoes, the AM270 provides a customized or versatile fit that should benefit most sneaker fans or loyal followers of the Air Max line.
The low-top profile of this shoe is equipped with a bootie construction, one-piece tongue, and a knit upper that gives a snug and secure fit while allowing flexible foot movement and breathable ride. A pull tab is present on the heel for easy on and off, and the asymmetrical lacing adds to the snug fit.
Nike Air Max has established a name in the sneaker community as a lineup of sleek and fashionable sneakers with a rich heritage and long list of influences to different cultures and subcultures. The Nike Air Max 270, otherwise referred to as AM 270, is not an exception to this. It takes just a glance from sneakerheads or even regular consumers to give a nod of approval to this silhouette’s modern and sporty-casual façade that embodies the Air Max legacy.
The overall look can be described as innovative and stylish. The knit upper is equipped with no-sew overlays and mesh areas, which gives out an impression of comfortable wearing while ensuring a supportive fit and breathable comfort. Down the heel is the largest heel Air unit for impact absorption and improved cushioning fit for an active lifestyle.
This Air Max shoe has a wide range of colorways that both men and women would surely find a pair that suits their style best may it be a simple get-up, athleisure look, or a monochromatic look with the AM270 as a pop of color. The extensive color selection of this kick also allows different ways of styling it. Case in point, one way to draw the attention to the sneaker is by incorporating an equally attention-grabbing pair of socks that would match its color while maintaining muted elements in the rest of the outfit.
Black Nike Air Max 270 Sneakers
With a myriad of colorways available, the new Air Max model sure shares a huge chunk of black sneakers in the market. Here are some of them:
- Nike Air Max 270 “Black Multi-Color” – This black Nike Air Max 270 is one of the newest colorways that released in January 2019. It flaunts an all-black textile upper with a multicolor gradient Air Max heel unit and white midsole.
- Nike Air Max 270 “Reflective Black” – Dropped initially on November 19, 2018, this black Nike Air Max 270 sports a tonal textile upper, laces, and midsole with red Swoosh accents on the tongue, mudguard overlay, and sides. The large Air unit comes in a glossy red hue that matches the pop of color on the upper.
- Nike Air Max 270 “Black Crimson” – One of the most hyped Air Max silhouette received a "Black Crimson" treatment in October 2018. As clean and stylish as other black colorways of the AM270, the black knit upper of this shoe shows a touch of red underlay accents that complement the pops of red on the heel tab, side Swoosh, eyelets, and Air heel unit.
White Nike Air Max 270 Sneakers
Fashion trends have been dominated recently by white sneakers for several reasons. Not only are white sneakers complement well with any outfit, but they also make a great fashion statement. The growing force of white sneakers in the fashion department have reached even one of the latest silhouettes from the Air Max line. Although this trend’s popularity commenced with retro classic sneaker models, it eventually evolved and included newer and contemporary models like the Nike Air Max 270.
- Nike Air Max 270 “HQ Trivia” – Nike partnered up with HQ Trivia, an app and trivia game, for the “HQ Trivia” colorway of the legendary AM 270 sneakers which released as part of the Air Max Day 2018 celebrations. The shoe features an all-white upper and midsole with pops of vibrant blue hue on the Air heel unit, heel tab, and insoles. The special release was limited to 100 pairs only.
- Nike Air Max 270 White Pack – Also released as part of the Air Max Day 2018 celebrations on March 26, 2018, is a three-piece pack of the AM270. The collection consists of three colorways with a white-based tonal upper, tonal midsole, and varying bright colors of the signature Air heel unit. It includes the Nike Air Max 270 "White Pack/Total Orange" with an orange Air heel unit, the Nike Air Max 270 “White Pack/Hot Punch” with a hot punch or coral-like red Air heel unit, and the Nike Air Max 270 “White Pack/Photo Blue” with a vibrant blue Air heel unit.
Other Popular Nike Air Max 270 Colorways
Summarized below are just some of the most popular AM270 releases that definitely caught the attention of sneakerheads and casual wearers:
- Nike Air Max 270 “Light Bone” – The Light Bone Air Max 270 shoe first dropped on March 2, 2018. It displays a light bone upper that offers superb comfort and sufficient ventilation with its laser-cut perforations. Welded overlays on the forefoot, midfoot, and heel areas come in black for that much-needed contrast, while the chunky Air heel unit gives a pop of vibrant red that oozes with contemporary flair.
- Nike Air Max 270 “Dusty Cactus” – One of the most popular colorways of the Nike Air Max 270 silhouette is the "Dusty Cactus" which released on March 22, 2018. Inspired by the OG colorway of the Nike Air Max 93, the men's exclusive colorway is dressed in a white mesh crafted upper with black synthetic welded overlays and heel area. The large Air heel unit, on the other hand, comes in a vibrant turquoise hue that matches the heel loop tab. The stylish flair of the "Dusty Cactus" Air Max 270 is sealed off with a small turquoise Swoosh on the sidewalls and forefoot area.
Considering that it is inspired by two of the most highly recognizable Air Max shoes, the Air Max 93 and the Air Max 180, it is not surprising that the Nike Air Max 270 is another standout silhouette in the Air Max heritage.
One feature that this AM shoe prides itself on is its remarkable plush and responsive cushioning given by its dual-density foam sole and Nike’s biggest 32mm-thick Air unit in its heel. Aside from its functional values, the prominent Max Air unit also contributes significantly to the shoe's aesthetics. It is a feature that gives character to the entirety of the silhouette and makes it easily recognizable in the eyes of seasoned sneakerheads and ordinary sneaker buyers. Its exaggerated one-piece tongue and tongue logo, on the other hand, pay homage to the 1991 Air Max 180.
The Nike Air Max 270 is no stranger to the sneaker community as a lot of buzz had been going on about it before its release for the Air Max Day 2018. The new Air Max model flaunts a design and features that pay homage to the Nike Air Max 180 and the Nike Air Max 93.
This promising lifestyle kick offers exciting facts for a Swoosh that carries on the Air Max heritage. It is the first shoe in the Air Max lineup to feature a heel Air unit that is specially engineered for lifestyle use and all-day wear with similar performance vigor as those used in its sports performance predecessors. Its prominent heel Air unit is further worth noting as it is Nike’s largest yet measuring 32-mm thick. The 270 moniker is based on the 270-degree of visible Air unit, which happens to be a nickname for one of the two inspirations of this shoe – the Air Max 93 that pioneered the blow-molded Air Max unit in the heel.
Some thought that the large visible Air unit in the heel is next to impossible. But Nike Air Max Creative Director Dylan Raasch, the man behind the sleek design and concept of the AM 270 (and Nike Roshe Run, of course), and his team made it all achievable after series of conceptualizations and product testing.
The new silhouette officially released on February 1, 2018, via the Nike SNKRS app in its Light Bone introductory colorway. On March 26 Air Max Day 2018, the Teal Air Max 270, which colors are inspired by the AM93, made its debut. Countless other colorways followed since then.
- The Nike Air Max 270 can be customized through the NIKEiD.
- This shoe also features a 3-piece midsole for added durability and a smooth transition.
- The cleatie construction is of neoprene material.
- Before its official release date, the Nike Air Max 270 was worn off-court by Kevin Durant on November 22 and on December 5. Nike had to make a size 18 for the NBA star.