Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
Release dateSep 2017
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
90 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
Overall, these are a great new shoe for those looking for an all around training at the gym and are very pleasing to the eye, at least in my opinion for this colorway.
Updates to Nike Zoom Train Command
- The Nike Zoom Train Command is designed to withstand the brutal environment of high-intensity workout sessions. The upper is made of abrasion-resistant textile, reinforced with synthetic elements for improved durability.
- The upper employs Nike’s proprietary Flywire technology. It is comprised of thin cables that integrate with the lacing system for a customized fit and a locked-down feel.
- The bootie design is enhanced with an internal sleeve. It offers a snug but non-restrictive fit.
- The sole unit is made of the Nike Zoom Air that provides a lightweight cushioning. This technology uses pressurized air and thin stretched fibers that deliver a responsive platform.
- The midfoot features the thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) wrap. These structures are part of the lacing system and enhance the steadiness provided by the upper.
- As for the underside, the trainer uses a full-length rubber. This compound is durable and provides traction on various surfaces.
Nike Zoom Train Command size and fit
The Nike Zoom Train command only comes in men’s sizes. It is generally true to size and is available in a D - Medium width profile. The bootie construction and the presence of the inner sleeve deliver a snug fit. Online buyers may use Nike’s size guide, which provides a simple tutorial on how consumers may obtain an accurate measurement of their feet.
A rubber outsole lines the underside of the Nike Zoom Train Command. This compound is made to be durable, so it does not easily get worn out. The tread pattern on this model features fine lines that enhance the traction on most types of surfaces, especially in indoor gyms.
The forefoot section features multidirectional flex grooves. They aid in foot flexion and facilitate quick changes of direction.
The Zoom Train Command employs the Nike Zoom Air technology. This lightweight platform uses pressurized air and thin stretch fibers to deliver a responsive cushioning. It is engineered to be closer to the ground to improve stability without sacrificing the comfort and shock absorption.
The footwear utilizes the TPU midfoot wrap to provide support during side-to-side movements. It is part of the lacing system, which results in a snugger fit when the laces are tightened.
The insoles of the Nike training shoes list four activities, namely Lift, Jump, Run and Cut, to determine which activities a particular shoe is meant to be used for. In this model, Run and Jump are highlighted to signify that this trainer is designed especially for running and plyometrics.
Making up the upper of the Nike Zoom Train Command is an abrasion-resistant textile. This fabric does not readily get frayed when subjected to friction. It is also breathable to keep the inside well-ventilated. The synthetic overlays enhance the durability of the material in the high-wear areas such as the toe box, the side panels, and the rear section.
The trainer features a lace-up closure that integrates with the Flywire cables. These thin, yet strong cords become taut when the laces are pulled, which results in enhanced lateral support.
An inner sleeve is designed to deliver a sock-like experience. It provides a snug fit to prevent accidental shoe removal while the user is in motion.