Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
WeightMen: 10.7ozWomen: 8.4oz
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
Heel to toe dropMen: 6mmWomen: 6mm
WidthMen: NormalWomen: Normal
Release dateFeb 2017
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
94 / 100 based on 5 expert reviews
So what exactly are the DSX Repper’s good for? Everything! I know that’s a little vague and all, but they really are the answer for everything you’d come across in a WOD.
In conclusion, the Metcon DSX Repper is a very well rounded shoe that performs right in the middle of the training spectrum...they perform equally well for runs, lifts and plyometric training.
The Nike Metcon Repper DSX is a versatile training model. Whether you’re a squat, a medicine ball or a rope climber, it’s going to resist your most intense training.
The Repper DSX may not have the speediness it could’ve excelled at, but compared to the standard model, it meets or exceeds performance.
Updates to Nike Metcon Repper DSX
- The types of workout which involve metabolic conditioning have gained considerable popularity over the last few years. As one of the largest athletic brands, Nike could not stay behind and has released a series of training shoes, known as the Metcons, dedicated to that specific purpose.
- What sets the Nike Metcon Repper DSX apart from the most popular Metcon 4 is that the Repper is constructed with running and jumping in mind. It is reflected in the “DSX” abbreviation of the shoe’s name which stands for “Distance. Stamina. Cross-training.”
- The trainer features an incorporated EVA foam midsole, unlike most other Nike CrossFit shoes which utilize a drop-in one. That way the shoe aims to offer stability for moderate weightlifting but is also ready to cushion the impact during jogs and high-impact exercises.
- The outsole of the shoe employs the brand’s sticky rubber compound for traction. It features rubber pods of various sizes throughout the unit to grip the surface efficiently. The flex grooves at the forefoot allow for natural foot flexibility. It also extends up at both sides to offer protection during rope climbs.
- The upper ensures a lightweight and breathable coverage with its mesh material. Synthetic overlays contribute to the durability while the Flywire cables enhance the fit.
Nike Metcon Repper DSX size and fit
The Nike Metcon Repper DSX is true-to-size and is available in both men’s and women’s sizes. The shoe is of standard width, D - Medium for men and B - Medium for women.
The outsole is made of a solid, sticky rubber that delivers traction. It also protects the midsole from the potentially damaging effects of continued use.
Flex grooves are present in the forefoot area to facilitate movement. They essentially accommodate the natural bending of the toes as the foot prepares to lift off the ground.
The heel part of the Metcon Repper DSX is flat to provide stability while lifting weights.
The Nike Metcon Repper DSX features a Phylon midsole, which is a type of cushion made from ethylene-vinyl acetate foam. This material undergoes a series of changes as a result of compression, heat treatment, and cooling. EVA is a popular choice for shoes because it is lightweight, durable and flexible.
The outer midfoot of the shoe has a textured rubber overlay that assists during rope climbs.
The upper of the Metcon Repper DSX is made from mesh which is both breathable and lightweight. It has a padded tongue and collar that secures the foot.
Its flat laces keep the plush tongue in place via a small slot on top. It passes through the eyelet where it connects with the Flywire cables in the midfoot area.
Flywire is a cable made from Vectran, a type of material created from a liquid-crystal polymer which is extremely strong and flexible. Pulling on the laces tightens the Flywire and locks the foot down. It also delivers support during lateral movements.
It has thermoplastic polyurethane overlays present at the toe box for protection and at the heel to keep the foot in place. A combination of hard plastic and soft silicone, TPU is elastic, resistant to abrasion, and oil or grease.