Good to know
- The Nike Flex RN 2019 features an all-new design. Major improvements have been made from the upper to the outer sole to encourage a more natural stride. It now has a single-piece cleatie construction for a more sock-like fit and it makes use of a multi-directional stretch knit material to provide runners a flexible and breathable foot wrap.
- Aside from the dual-density foam, that was used in the old Flex RN model, the 2019 version of the shoe also uses the Solarsoft foam which aims to provide soft underfoot cushioning.
- The outsole pattern of the Nike Flex RN has also been modified. The tri-star outsole pattern of the 2018 version has been replaced by simple flex grooves that are designed to provide a high level of flexibility while running.
- Another major update is the removal of the Flywire cables, which are present in some Nike running shoes. They are replaced with synthetic overlays that are durable and lightweight. This new design aims to provide the foot a more secure midfoot lockdown.
- Lastly, the Nike Flex RN 2019 now comes with a heel strap. The main purpose of the strap is to hold the heel in place, providing more stability for a more natural movement.
The Flex RN 2019 runs true to size. It can accommodate medium-footed runners since the heel and forefoot are in medium measurements. The toe-box is also roomy enough to encourage toe splay. The upper of the shoe is also stretchable enough to adapt to the natural shape of the foot.
The shoe is available in standard medium width option for both men’s and women’s versions.
In the outer sole of the Nike Flex RN 2019 is the exposed midsole foam but it has flex grooves for flexibility. The grooves are strategically placed from the heel to the forefoot. The texture on the outsole is also designed to provide traction on varied paved surfaces.
The dual-density midsole foam is integrated into the shoe for all-day comfort. The foam, which is flexible and lightweight, provides responsive cushioning throughout the run.
The Solarsoft foam is also added into the midsole of the Nike Flex RN 2019. The Solarsoft is widely used in some Nike sandals. It is engineered to provide soft yet durable underfoot cushioning.
The Flex RN 2019 features a single-piece cleatie construction to provide runners with a sock-like fit. It does not come with the usual tongue and heel collar design but it still offers the necessary support and comfort.
The upper is made of multi-directional stretch knit material that expands and adapts to the natural shape of the foot. It is also breathable enough to keep the foot cool and dry, especially on warm running conditions.
Instead of using the notable Flywire cables, the shoe makes use of synthetic overlays. These are placed around the laces for enhanced fit and midfoot lockdown. These overlays are lightweight and durable enough to hold the laces effectively.
A heel strap is also present in the Nike Flex RN 2019. It is specifically designed to provide stability in the heel and ankle area. The utilization of the heel strap promotes a more natural movement.
The Pegasus 36 is a popular running shoe from Nike and even if it is designed for road running like the Flex RN 2019, it should not be compared to each other. These running shoes have different technologies and features to help runners with their specific needs.
The Nike Pegasus 36 is more focused on providing responsive cushioning while the Flex RN model is focused on flexibility. Both shoe models, however, gained positive reviews from the users. That’s why Nike continues to produce and improve these models to continually serve the fans with excellent running shoes.