Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
Emerica Provost Slim Vulcs are offered in men’s sizing which runs from 5 to 14 in medium width. The shoes reportedly run somewhat bigger than expected but nothing to be much concerned about unless you really want a tight fit.
The brand only produces shoes and clothing for men at this time, but women are free to rock these provided they remember to go 1 ½ size down.
Emerica Provost Slim Vulc lace up sneakers use flat laces in a 5-eyelet lacing system for fit adjustment.
The 90s have come right back around again with the resurgence of skater style. Whether you’re a legit skateboarder or just want to look the part, there’s plenty of stylish options for you. Here are a few:
- Turquoise Emerica Provost Slim Vulc shoes would look awesome paired with burgundy pants, a white graphic tee (preferably with some skating reference), and black socks.
- Loose black pants, a bright yellow shirt, and a camo open shirt on top would match perfectly with the Emerica Provost Slim Vulc white/black colorway.
- Put on a black graphic shirt and loose cargo (or chino) pants. Your Emerica Provost Slim Vulc shoes in burgundy will give your outfit the needed pop of color.
- Emerica Provost Slim Vulcs in the black, brown, green combination of colors will make the basic chino pants and black long-sleeved shirt look way more interesting.
- The standard all-black outfit can be given a bit of a pop without deviating too much from the stark hue by pairing grey Emerica Provost Slim Vulc shoes with it.
In terms of tech, Emerica Provost Slim Vulc shoes don’t have much to offer, but regarding construction, it’s way, way better than most skating footwear. The vulcanized shoes offer such exceptional board feel aided by Emerica’s Triangle Tread outsoles for maximum grip.
Emerica Provost Slim Vulc vs. Reynolds Low
Some have compared the Provost Slim shoes with the Reynolds Low which they are supposed to be based on. The Provost Slim model has a slightly lower profile than the Reynolds. The uppers of Collin’s signature kicks are composed of a combination of suede or suede/canvas (depending on the colorway) versus the Reynolds’ pure suede durability, but the Provost Slim Vulcs are just as skate-worthy, if maybe a little less celebrated than the Reynolds.
Emerica was launched in 1996 by Sole Technology, one year after ST founded eS. Just like the other two brands (eS and etnies) under the Sole Technology umbrella, Emerica is also focused on producing skateboarding shoes.
Like many skating footwear companies, Emerica has assembled and is sponsoring its own stable of pro skateboarders. One of Emerica’s talented riders is Collin Provost or The Provider as he’s more commonly known. In 2013, Emerica dropped the news that they will turn Collin pro by giving him his first signature shoe, the Emerica Provost, in June.
The Emerica Provost was released with an accompanying video titled, MADE: Chapter One, featuring not only Provost, but also Leo Romero, Brandon Westgate, and Jeremy Leabres. And just like in the video where Provost killed it with his terrific moves, the Provost silhouette was a smash hit because of its undeniable skating capabilities.
Emerica’s Provost shoes featured suede uppers, two-toned laces, solid one-piece toecaps for longer-lasting flicks, padded collars and tongues for cushioning, and tie-dye graphic linings for contrast. It has been one of Emerica’s successful shoe ventures and was followed up by the brand with a slimmed-down version in 2015 called the Provost Slim Vulc.
The newer, slimmer model dropped the tie-dye linings and adopted a more somber color scheme. The shoes come in either full suede or a combination of suede and canvas.
- Emerica Provost Slim Vulcs weigh around 368 grams per shoe.