Who should buy the Nike Winter GTX
The Nike Air Force 1 Winter GTX might suit you well if:
- You prefer a shoe that would keep you in style and function well rain or shine.
- You are looking for pair of kicks with the ability to keep your foot fresh and dry.
- You love footwear stylish enough to draw the admiration of onlookers.
Fit and sizing
The Nike Air Force 1 Winter GTX is available in men’s sizing. The silhouette looks like the AF1 Low with a bungee closure system on top that creates a high-top profile, securing the foot against outside elements.
The shoe has a zipper closure and a toggle lacing system for a secure fit. It is equipped with Nike Air units for excellent underfoot cushioning and all-day comfort.
Style of the Nike Air Force 1 Winter GTX
The high-top Nike Air Force 1 Winter GORE-TEX has an inner ripstop bootie with zipper. It can be zipped or unzipped, especially on the ankle area, to create a personalized styling. It has a toebox with an embossed ventilation hole pattern, creating an added design without compromising its waterproofing feature.
The shoe upper is lined with microfleece while the rest of the inside is with textile material. The 10TH badge is adorning on the lateral side of the ankle collar while the GORE-TEX embroidery is on the rear quarter panel. It is available in fantastic colorways like:
- Phantom/ Phantom/ Black/ Clear
- Black/ Bright Ceramic/ Clear/ Thunder Blue
- Black/ Anthracite/ Black
- Sequoia/ Medium Olive/ Gum Medium Brown/ Black
The Nike Air Force 1 Winter GORE-TEX promotes versatile styling. It can be transformed into a somehow low-top shoe by unzipping and setting loose the grooved heel-to-collar pull. Either way, it can be styled with cargo shorts, camo pants, distressed denim jeans, cuffed pants, and other casual clothing. Also, sportswear like joggers or track pants can surely complement this shoe.
In preparation for the transition of sunny to winter seasons, Nike launched several shoes that can combat harsher elements without losing touch with fashionable style. It boasts waterproofing and weatherproofing capabilities.
The Nike Air Force 1 Winter GTX has a zip-front bootie with an inner GORE-TEX membrane and a bungee closure system at the ankle. These fantastic features ensure the foot is dry and protected against rain, snow, and other harsh winter elements. It also features a rubber outsole with duck boot tooling, providing excellent traction on various surfaces.
Nike Air Force 1 Winter GTX history
The Nike Air Force 1 Winter GTX was released on November 1 of 2019. It pushes the style and functionality of the AF1 to new heights as it defies boundaries, creating a unique silhouette that can combat harsh winter elements.
This sneaker boot has an upper made of premium leather and synthetic while the shoe lining is made of synthetic material. It has a waterproof ripstop inner bootie with a grooved heel-to-collar pull.
The toggle fastening at the collar can be tightened for a more weather-resistant fit. Instead of the traditional tongue and lacing system, Nike used a zipper bootie with the GORE-TEX membrane so that water cannot ingress. With a cupsole construction, it has lug outsoles that deliver excellent traction.
Nice to know about the Nike Air Force 1 Winter GTX
- The Nike AF1 WTR GTX has a woven patch that says the 10TH, which pays homage to the US Army 10th Mountain Division. It is where the founder Bill Bowerman was part of during his military service.
- The insole is glued.
- Its Phantom colorway was sold within minutes after launch.
- A reflective AF branding is detailed on the vamp area.
- it has super thick round laces
- Nike branding is a patch on the heel in ruggedized leather material.
- It has a texturized pull tab to help stretch and keep the form of the ankle collar.