Good to know
This low profile running shoe-inspired lifestyle footwear, with its mesh upper, ensures to provide freedom of movement and breathability. The Nike Air Berwuda is offered in men’s and women’s sizing.
The Nike Air Berwuda carries a running shoe DNA combined with breathable comfort. Topping the timeless Nike Air cushioning is an engineered mesh upper. It is a heritage-inspired sneaker that exhibits modern comfort with an amount of tech. The upper, made of canvas, mesh and suede, gives a retro vibe to the sneaker. No-sew detailing accents the upper. Its versatility is drawn from its blend of colors.
Released in a wide array of bright and neutral colorways, the shoe goes well with various types of casual clothing. This includes jeans and shorts paired with tees as well as trousers and blazers.
Fans of the brand will quickly recognize this shoe for its airy mesh toed upper with a taped toe box as well as textile and suede overlays. These features give the shoe adequate support and breathable comfort.
In addition, the Air Berwuda also has a molded Phylon midsole for lightweight cushioning and a durable rubber outsole with a modified waffle pattern for added traction.
The Nike Bermuda, a rarely-seen and underappreciated 1979 runner, perceived as ahead of its time during its initial release, has been reincarnated. Still strutting a classic silhouette yet now equipped with modern technologies, the shoe was reintroduced as the Air Berwuda in 2013 by Nike. Since its launch, it continues to make waves in the market for its refined and unique look.
Similar to its predecessor, the shoe’s upper is made with a fusion of materials namely suede, canvas and mesh. It also retains the famous circular-waffle-patterned outsole which offers improved traction, as well as the innovative variable width lace up system for a secure and customized fit.
Although the Nike Air Berwuda maintains its forerunner’s vintage aesthetics, this upgraded model has been re-engineered to meet the needs and demands of the present-day consumers. Over the years, this sneaker has also gone through various transformations. Among the most popular editions is the “USA” sporting a patriotic red, white and blue colorway.
It is notable as well that the retro-styled Bermuda runner also inspired the creation of other known Nike products like the Sock Racer and the Air Huarache. Elements on these two shoes were combined to form the famous Nike Presto.
- The tech style of the Nike Air Berwuda comes from the rubberized tongue.
- The silhouette has some similarities with the Air Vortex which is from Nike’s V-Series.
- Embedded on the shoe’s midsole is an Air-Sole unit which gives enhanced cushioning.
- The sneaker’s heel features big perforations for improved breathability.
- Common to Nike creations, this shoe also features the iconic “Swoosh” logo on its lateral and medial side.
- For added comfort, the shoe’s collar is padded.
- Other distinguishable features are the shoe’s removable liner, the Nike branding on the tongue and the Nike callout found on the heel tab.