Nike ISPA Road Warrior
Best price from 50 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
100% say it's true to size.
Out of stock in all 50 shopsNike sneakers
Overview of this review
Nike ISPA Road Warrior: Uniquely built towards performance and sustainability
The Oregon-based company has put so much effort into designing the Nike ISPA Road Warrior. The brand blends performance, style, and utility to come up with conversation-starter iteration.
Diving deeper into this sneaker, you can deduce that the Nike ISPA Road Warrior is formed from fusing elements from basketball, running, training, and outdoor footwear. Every part has a function to provide its wearers a "personalized" fit and comfort.
Since its parts came from different Nike silhouettes, the Nike ISPA Road Warrior ends up with a complex design that almost gives a Frankenstein-ish vibe. Here are some of this sneaker's mind-blowing elements:
- Instead of the conventional laces, this model utilized straps and buckles for easy and streamlined locks.
- The wide-open heel was seen on the early versions of Nike Shox. However, this model did not use the springy Shox tech but instead used a wide springboard for bouncy strides.
- The double-stacked Air Zoom units on the midfoot and forefoot were first seen on Nike Air Zoom Alphafly Next% and Air Zoom BB NXT. This element provides responsiveness for a more energetic run.
- Inspired by the Japanese tabi toe, its split toe provides better stability and, at the same time, delivers a neck-breaking vibe. This design was also seen in Nike Air Rift and Nike ISPA Drifter Split.
- Its one-off wide rubber outsole displays a reimagined waffle pattern. This aims to provide ample support while delivering durable traction on various kinds of surfaces.
- Staying true to its heterogeneous flair, Nike intentionally used a different ISPA logo on the Road Warrior's box. The "I" came from the emblem of Air Max, "S" was from the Nike Shox, the "P" is derived from Presto, and "A" stemmed from VaporMax.