Nike ISPA Drifter Split: A sneaker for the modern ninjas
The ISPA has been around since 2018 and aims to create edgy and technical sneakers. To add another iteration to the growing list of Nike Lifestyle Shoes, Nike showed off its unique sneaker called Nike ISPA Drifter Split inspired by workboots from Asia.
Key details of the Nike ISPA Drift Split:
Displaying the true ethos of the ISPA line, the Nike ISPA Drifter Split features unique and enticing elements:
- It has a not so common split-toe design made of hexagonal ripstop nylon. This tabi-toe design can be traced back to the early 1500s Japanese worker's footwear. It is believed that this design promotes balance and a clear mind.
- It combines toggle lace and conventional lace that ensures an efficient lockdown and utilitarian look. Also, its nylon straps add reinforcement and extra flair to its overall ninja-style.
- Found on the midsole are the details that look like the plugs from the Adidas NMDs. This element is made of regrind foam from Nike that provides lightweight, soft, and bouncy cushioning for day-long comfort.
- It has reflective polka-dot accents on its nylon upper.
- You may see an extended part of the midsole that seems like it is unfinished on the back. It is covered with plastic that stretches a bit to the heel to add protection.
- The hiking-inspired tread on the outsole provides an added secured feeling when you need to traverse slippery or rough surfaces.
- This package comes with a pair of white split-toe high-top socks that allow its buyers to enjoy this kick right away.