Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
The Air Barrage Mid by Nike is available in men's and women's sizes. This sneaker can secure the wearer's foot in place and provide adequate support due to its leather upper and mid-top design. The shoe is also well-ventilated because of the leather upper and mesh sides. For added security, the pair is designed with a midfoot VELCRO strap, and underneath the stay-put belt is the traditional lace-up closure.
The retro Nike shoe is undeniably large and is taking charge of the streets. Screaming with boldness, the Nike Air Barrage Mid is hard to ignore. The take on the 90s sneaker is outstanding, which provides its wearers a unique look.
Aside from the functions of the leather uppers and the large midfoot strap found on this remodeled sneaker, it is also responsible for giving the shoe its attention-grabbing silhouette. The large hook and loop strap on the midfoot can be worn open or closed for a different styling option.
The VELCRO strap feature of the shoe also allows the wearers to wear the shoe lace-free. The Air Barrage Mid is also produced in bold colorways that give off a retro vibe. The mid-top style of the shoe does not only provide ankle support but also brings out the same classic ambiance of a high top sneaker.
No matter when and where the Nike Air Barrage Mid is impossible to go unnoticed. Its overall silhouette is chunky and sturdy looking. It also has a unique and vibrant colorways. The sneaker also shows off a large midfoot strap with overt branding. Aside from the strap, the branding is found on the tongue, midsole, heel, and toe box of the shoe.
For an easy on and off, an elastic heel pull tab is available. For a soft, cushy stride and impact absorption, the Air Barrage Mid is constructed with a full-length Nike Air unit. The sneaker is also designed with a padded collar for additional comfort.
The Nike Air Barrage Mid is a 1 to 1 revamp of the classic 90s training shoe. Swoosh brought the silhouette back from its archive and has not failed to make it more alluring than ever. Besides, bringing classic shoes back up in the market never fails since the aesthetics of the 90s never goes out of style.
The Air Barrage Mid is crafted with the same hot look from back then. The shoe also stayed true to the bold 90s colorways.
Ever since its debut in 1995, the shoe is brought back by Nike in 2019 dressed in the famous "Raptors" colors. The silhouette features a white leather on the front, a purple mesh on the underlays, and a black overlay with red accents. The look is completed with the white swoosh logo on the midfoot strap.
After releasing it in "Raptors" accents, the brand also made the shoe with the "Warriors" iteration, which clothes the sneaker with white, Lacer Orange, Racer Blue, and black color schemes.
It is also available in the following colorways: Black/White-Cabana, which is finished with Aqua accents, White/Midnight Navy-Black-Laser Orange, classic Black/White, and White/Red with black details. One of the shoe's colorways also takes inspiration from the undefeated San Francisco 49ers, which is a combination of Metallic Gold, University Red, and black.
- The Nike Air Barrage Mid is also available at a low top.
- For added durability, traction, and protection, the shoe is designed with a modified rubber waffle pattern outsole.
- The Air Barrage Mid was worn by some of the biggest football stars, such as Marshall Faulk and Ernie Mills.
- The branding found on the midsole of the shoe is spelled out as "AIR".
- Atmos' "Pop The Street" collection includes the Air Barrage Mid, which is done in a mix of blue, purple, orange, red, pink, and yellow hues. The footwear will be joined with matching hoodies and t-shirts.
- The Nike Air Barrage Mid will also be released with reflective details designed on white and yellow accents to add to its retro line up.
- Nike released a special edition Air Barrage Mid that is inspired by the Miami Hurricanes on January 29, 2020, in celebration of Super Bowl LIV in Miami, Florida.
- The Miami Hurricanes color blockings come in green upper with black overlays that are highlighted in orange accents to give off the Cane's vibes.
- The "Raptors" color is also known as the "Hyper Grape" theme.
- The heel height is approximately 3 centimeters.