Good to know
- The Duramo 8 from Adidas is a road running shoe that’s designed for neutral runners who desire comfort and agreeable performance.
- The upper overlay was updated with a TPU caging, which runs from the lateral areas of the shoes all the way to the heel, providing that extra support and stability. The design of the cage doesn’t totally cover the areas it sits on top of, making way for breathability and better air circulation.
- Ortholite insoles have been added to the package to make it even more comfortable. These inserts don’t just help with cushioning as they maintain a healthier shoe environment by managing moisture and providing antimicrobial functionality.
- The midsole has also been reshaped and redesigned to go with the contemporary look of the Duramo 8. The label on the lateral area of the midsole was also changed from “supercloud” to the cloudfoam trademark label.
- The outsole remains the same with the exception of two additional line grooves found under the forefoot and rearfoot areas. These two lines separate the grooves into sections, providing better flexibility of the foot throughout the gait cycle.
- As for the colorways, the predecessor of this shoe had more choices. Despite this, the Duramo 8 from Adidas still comes in a good number of colorways runners can choose from.
The Adidas Duramo 8 follows the standard size measurements for men and women. As for the width, the shoes only come in standard measurements – D – medium for men and B – medium for women.
The outsole of the Duramo 8 is made of a non-marking rubber called AdiWear. This trademark material from Adidas is abrasion-resistant, protecting the bottom of the shoe from wear and tear. This provides added durability to the shoe.
The design of the outsole is strategic, just like the Duramo 9. Several flex grooves, as well as flex lines, are arranged in a strategic pattern, allowing better movement and flexibility of the foot when walking, running or even pivoting, in the case of sports.
The midsole of the 8th version of Adidas Duramo is equipped with a Cloudfoam midsole for superior cushioning. Cloudfoam is an EVA compound that was developed by Adidas to give users optimal levels of cushioning on their foot, preventing painful heels and other restrictions when running or standing for long periods of time.
The upper of the Adidas Duramo 8 is made up of a breathable mesh which covers the foot securely and conveniently molds with its natural shape. The same material also promotes air circulation, reducing hot spots on the foot while moving.
A textile vamp was added to the tip of the shoe to give this area some support and shape.
The seamless construction of the upper is overlaid with a reinforced TPU cage for lateral foot support. The cage encloses the midfoot and the heel of the shoe, but was designed so the upper mesh is not fully enclosed. There are certain spots where the mesh material is exposed, accommodating better air flow.
The midfoot saddle is attached to a full-lace closure which users can either tighten or loosen for a custom fit and a comfortable feel.
An Othrolite sockliner has been added to the inside of the shoe for added support and comfort, as well as moisture and microbial control.
The inner lining is made up of a smooth textile, which offers a great inside-feel when the shoes are put on. The same padding and material have been introduced to the tongue and the collar.