$160 $61 Save 62%
$100 $70 Save 30%
Any color$130 $72 Save 45%
$110 $56 Save 49%
$150 $95 Save 37%
$150 $130 Save 13%
Any color$130 $70 Save 46%
Any color$130 $72 Save 45%
Any color$140 $50 Save 64%
$160 $85 Save 47%
$130 $75 Save 42%
$160 $26 Save 84%
Any color$130 $80 Save 38%
Any color$100 $90 Save 10%
Any color$110 $55 Save 50%
Any color$135 $67 Save 50%
$120 $48 Save 60%
$100 $50 Save 50%
Any color$130 $84 Save 35%
$110 $70 Save 36%
$140 $80 Save 43%
Any color$120 $50 Save 58%
$150 $106 Save 29%
Any color$135 $105 Save 22%
Any color$100 $50 Save 50%
Any color$120 $101 Save 16%
Any color$130 $78 Save 40%
Low drop running shoes
Heel drop is the difference between the heel height and forefoot height. Shoes with heel drop of not more than 8mm are considered low drop running shoes. They are designed to encourage an efficient stride throughout the gait cycle. best low drop running shoes, low heel drop running shoes, low heel to toe drop running shoes
Minimalist and low drop running shoes
Low drop running shoes have a less stride-controlling design. The shoes’ low heel-to-toe ramp angle allows the foot to move more naturally which will result in a more powerful and satisfying running experience.
Minimalist and barefoot shoes, with less than 4mm heel differential to account for, are typically low drop running shoes. These shoes allow more ground contact, but with less impact and debris protection. They have lesser midsole cushioning, which results in a lighter platform with minimal structure.
However, not all low heel drop running shoes are minimalist; there are some running shoes that offer maximum cushioning but the heel drop is less than 8mm. Hoka One One and Altra are some brands that manufacture well-cushioned running shoes with zero and low heel-to-toe drop.
Best low drop running shoes for men and women
Best low drop running shoes, minimalist running shoes or maximalist ones, are extremely comfortable. They have a comfortable feel from the moment you wear it and they are designed according to the needs of every runner. Below are some examples of running shoes with a low heel to toe drop.
Low drop running shoes with maximum cushioning
- Hoka One One Bondi 6 - It is a max-cushioned running shoe with a heel drop of 4mm. Designed for road running, the Bondi 6 delivers a good balance of comfort, grip, and cushioning. The EVA midsole of the shoe offers soft and responsive cushioning. It also has an Early Stage Meta-Rocker Geometry for a smoother heel-to-toe transition.
- Hoka One One Speedgoat 2 - Made for the trail, the Speedgoat 2 is a maximalist running shoe that has a heel-drop of 4mm. It features an oversized injected EVA midsole for responsiveness and comfort. It also makes use of the Vibram MegaGrip outsole compound for traction and durability.
Low drop running shoes with traditional cushioning
- New Balance Fresh Foam Vongo v3 - The New Balance Vongo v3 is a stability running shoe meant for road running. It features the notable Fresh Foam technology designed to give runners durable and supportive underfoot cushioning. The shoe is more expensive compared to the average road running shoes, but some runners considered it as a good investment because of its durability, design, and performance.
- Nike Flex Fury 2 - If you are looking for a cheap running shoe that is durable and reliable, you should consider the Nike Flex Fury 2. It features a dual-density midsole for responsiveness and Nike Flex technology for flexibility. The shoe gained positive comments from users because of its lightweight and fast design, affordable price, and breathable coverage. The Fury 2 is great for both short and long-distance runs.
Frequently Asked Questions related to low heel to toe drop running shoes
What is heel drop in a running shoe?
The term heel drop is also called as `heel-to-toe drop`, `heel offset` and `ramp angle`. It refers to the height difference between the heel and the forefoot. Heel drop ranges from 0mm to 12mm, but there are few running shoes that have heel drop measurements of more than 12mm. Running shoes with less than 8mm heel offset are considered as low drop shoes.
What brands offer low drop running shoes?
There are several running shoe brands that offer low drop running shoes. These include brands like Hoke One One, Altra, Merrell, Saucony, and Salomon. Runners can find a wide variety of road and trail running shoes from these brands.
What is the best low heel to toe drop running shoe?
The best low drop running shoe for the road is the Altra Escalante 1.5, and for trail running, the Hoka One One Torrent is considered a reliable shoe by most runners.
It is 4mm heel-to-toe drop too low?
There is no ideal number when it comes to running shoe heel drop. It depends on the runner. Even if you are wearing 4mm, 6mm or 8mm running shoes, as long as you are comfortable with it, then everything should be fine. What matters most is that you wear a running shoe that feels right to your running style and needs.
It is also advisable to rotate shoes that have different heel drops to work all the small muscles in the foot.
15 best low drop running shoes
- Hoka One One Speedgoat 3
- Hoka One One Challenger 5 ATR
- Altra Escalante
- Altra Escalante 1.5
- Hoka One One Clifton 5
- Merrell Trail Glove 4
- Inov-8 Roclite 290
- Saucony Liberty ISO
- Saucony Kinvara 9
- Hoka One One Cavu
- Hoka One One Arahi 3
- Saucony Freedom ISO 2
- Hoka One One Bondi 6
- Hoka One One Bondi 5
- Saucony Freedom ISO
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...