Good to know
The iconic Air Force 1 released a new model, the AF25. It is designed with the traditional lace-up closure, which is backed with a velcro strap for a secured fit. The shoe also has a leather upper, which allows players to move without worries as their feet are securely locked down. For added support, the Air Force 25 is designed with a high top.
The new Air Force 25 was released to celebrate the 25th year of existence of the timeless Nike Air Force 1. The silhouette of this shoe boasts a modern and sophisticated look. For some, this pair is considered luxurious and compares it to a special edition sports car that everyone aspires to cop. The attire is best finished with a sporty attire. Once exposed to the court, the AF25 will undeniably get the spotlight.
The AF25 is crafted with twenty-five years worth of basketball history, knowledge, and players insights complemented by current technological advancements for performance shoes. The silhouette of this performance shoe is based on the original Air Force 1.
The shoe’s full-length Zoom Air cushioning and Max Air heel cushioning are visible due to its clear outsole. These technologies are responsible for shock absorption and cushioning. For comfortable support, it has a cushioned collar and tongue.
Nike is a well-established footwear brand that has released a number of products. Among their many commodities, is the ever-popular Air Force. The brand celebrated the 25th anniversary of the performance basketball shoe, Nike Air Force 1, in various ways. Among these commemorations is the release of the Air Force 25, which was initially made available in retail in December 2006.
The Air Force 25 first debuted on court in NBA games while the following Nike athletes sport it: Amare Stoudemire and Shawn Marion from Phoenix Suns, Dirk Nowitzki from Dallas Mavericks, Tony Parker from San Antonio Spurs, Jermaine O’Neal and Al Harrington from Indiana Pacers, Carlos Boozer from Utah Jazz, Emeka Okafor from Charlotte Bobcats, Nate Robinsons from New York Knicks, and Zach Randolph from Portland Trailblazers.
- Tracy Teague, one of Nike’s designers, utilized the history, knowledge, and the players’ insights in basketball to craft the innovative AF25.
- The shoe has a clear non-marking rubber outsole with herringbone and star pattern for superior traction.
- The limited-edition version of the AF25 has a “Limited AF25 Edition C2C” at the heel by the strap.
- A version of this sneaker features NBA players on the design.
- Shiekh Shoes, San Francisco, CA. hosted a Nike Air Force 25 Launch Party, and for every purchase of a Nike Air Force Product, buyers will receive a commemorative AF25 poster.