|Update:||Adidas Adizero Boston 9|
|Weight:||Men: 249g | Women: 213g|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 10mm | Women: 10mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Heel strike|
|Heel height:||Men: 29mm | Women: 29mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 19mm | Women: 19mm|
|Release date:||Mar 2018|
|Width:||Normal | Normal|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Green, Grey, White, Yellow|
|SKUs:||B37380, B37381, B37382, B37383, B37385, B37386, BB6498, BB6499, BB6501, BB6538|
Reviews from around the internet
- 93/100 by RunRepeat (3 in-depth reviews)
- 100/100 by Believe in the Run
- 96/100 by Coach
- 94/100 by Running Northwest
- 90/100 by Running Shoes Guru
- 85/100 by Road Trail Run
- 95/100 by Road Trail Run
- 93/100 by Gear Institute
- 80/100 by Running Warehouse
- 80/100 by Running Warehouse
- 97/100 by Doctors of Running
- In comparison with its previous versions, the Adidas Adizero Boston Boost 7 offers the same silhouette with the almost-similar appearance, albeit there are minor differences in structural elements. The shoe promises to deliver the same lightweight and responsive ride but, at the same time, aims for improved performance with the updates it presents.
- The shoe’s general appearance is inspired by another Adidas shoe, the Adizero Adios, while the construction and colorways form a representation of the Boston Athletic Association (BAA), including shoe structure and printed decoration. It features a Microfit system for a locked-down fit.
- The midsole still uses the boost™ technology to give the maximum responsiveness that runners know and expect. On the other hand, the outsole has been reformed to the Stretchweb and Continental® tandem of rubber compounds.
The Adidas Adizero Boston Boost 7 has a true-to-size fit and follows standard running shoe length and width conventions. The shoe caters to wearers with a low to moderate foot volume, as evident in its toe box height, heel width, and midfoot area. Both men’s and women’s versions are created with the medium width profile.
Adidas uses a combination of two types of rubber compounds to form the outsole of the Adizero Boston Boost 7. The Continental™ and the Stretchweb outsole materials work together to produce a shoe with a reliable grip and a fluid movement for a speedy and efficient run.
To promote a problem-free stride and a snappy toe-off, the forefoot area has Continental™ rubber. This element works by effectively providing traction on both wet and dry surfaces, as it has comparable properties as the rubber tire of a vehicle. The Continental™ outsole also helps the runner pass through inclines and downhills with ease. This feature is also present in another Adidas running shoe, the Ultraboost 19.
As the name suggests, the Stretchweb takes on the appearance of a web, and it makes up the rest of the outsole of the Adizero Boston Boost 7. This design allows the shoe to flex and to follow the runner’s motion with little resistance, therefore enabling for a comfortable and effortless pace.
The well-regarded boost™ midsole gives the Adizero Boston Boost 7 an exceptional level of underfoot comfort. It offers the wearer a luxurious in-shoe feel, while also working hard to deliver the most responsive cushioning and energized ride.
Atop the boost™ is an ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) layer called the Symmetrical Energy Rail, a supportive unit that increases stability and balance, aiming to improve transitions.
Meanwhile, in the midfoot area is the Torsion® System, a thermoplastic insert that acts as a bridge between the forefoot and heel. This feature promotes stability for a smooth transition, but without the added weight.
The updated engineered mesh of the Adidas Adizero Boston Boost 7 now produces a lightweight upper that is more breathable compared to its previous version. It has no overlays, as it encourages a comfortable fit without the bulk.
Instead of synthetic overlays, the upper is installed with the Microfit technology. The Microfit is a system that ensures a locked-down fit to reduce slippage and permits the foot with a snug and secure fit, letting the runner go fast without the worry of discomfort and inconvenience.
Beneath the mesh upper is a CoolOver internal lining, which absorbs and evaporates moisture within the shoe to keep the foot clean, dry, and healthy.