Who should buy the Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX
- For outdoor enthusiasts who are looking for a reliable training partner in the mountain or technical trail paths
- Hikers who want a durable neutral trail shoe that is a bit lighter than most hiking shoes.
The Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX is a great choice for trail runners and hikers. With superb forefoot and rear protection, runners can run the bruising trail in comfort with the Swift R GTX.
Updates to the Terrex Swift R GTX
- Ultra-reinforced trail beast that is supremely comfortable and stable enough for moderate overpronators to enjoy.
- Traxion outsole with aggressive lugs makes the shoe a reliable training partner in the mountains during summer or when running in snow or ice.
- Siff sole and a midsole with several stability features that should allow those with moderately excessive inward rolling of the foot comfortable even on uneven terrain.
Excellent grip on a multitude of trail surfaces
Aggressive lugs dominate the outsole of this trail running shoe. The whole surface of the outsole is covered by Traxion rubber, which is known for its excellent grip on a multitude of trail surfaces. A decoupled heel helps with the cushioning and attenuates shock.
Swift R GTX added cushioning and shock-absorbing features
A standard, full-length EVA midsole provides decent cushioning and durability. Another aspect found in the midsole is the polyamide protective plates that effectively shield the foot from sharp objects on the trail.
High-density foam in the medial side supports the collapsing arch of an overpronator. Adidas incorporates a heel insert that is made of AdiPrene foam for added cushioning and shock-absorbing features.
Adidas abrasion-resistant mesh
The upper features an abrasion-resistant mesh that is very breathable, but still keeps off trail debris. Beneath this mesh is the Gore-Tex membrane that shields the shoe from water.
TPU overlays provide efficient and reliable support, especially in the midfoot. These overlays are effectively helping the high-density foam in the midsole provide sufficient stability.
At the rear of the shoe is a sturdy and very substantial heel cup. For a stability shoe, this is an asset that delivers the needed wraparound support in the heel. Adidas uses a speed lacing system for quick and effortless cinching.