Who should buy the Terrex Agravic XT GTX
The Terrex Agravic XT GTX is not only stylish but functional, making for reliable performances on trails. This running shoe is ideal for you if:
- You prefer a cushioned trail shoe that can support moderate to high arches
- You need a long-distance trail shoe that is compatible with any type of footstrike pattern
Notable elements of the Adidas Terrex Agravic XT GTX
- The Adidas Terrex Agravic XT GTX is the waterproof version of its base shoe, which is designed for extended runs under various weather conditions. Because of the Gore-Tex membrane, runners stay dry and energized while undertaking trail adventures.
- The Terrex Agravic XT GTX offers a breathable upper that also protects the foot in each step.
- This trail running shoe also uses the same responsive ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) foam in the midsole, which guarantees a stable and consistent stride on uneven ground.
With the use of Continental rubber, the outsole of the Adidas Terrex Agravic XT GTX strives for an extraordinary grip. Because Continental rubber is the same material used in many automotive tires, this shoe, therefore, is guaranteed the same traction on both rugged and light trails. The Continental rubber also possesses an abrasion-resistant quality that protects the shoe from damages.
The tread of the outsole is formed in part by multidirectional nodes that protrude in strategic directions to increase grip on uneven terrains. It also offers an adhesive quality for maximum surface control.
Comfortable and cushioned transitions
The midsole of the Terrex Agravic XT GTX is composed of traditional EVA foam, a trusted material in giving cushion, support, and energy return. Covering the entire length of the shoe, this EVA midsole ensures a comfortable platform that also provides the necessary energy throughout the transition phase.
Just like in the Adidas Ultraboost 19, the outlining the base of the Terrex Agravic XT GTX's midsole is Adidas’ signature boost™ cushioning. Its componentry of thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) pellets allow the midsole to attenuate shock for an adequately energized toe-off.
Smooth and seamless coverage
The Adidas Terrex Agravic XT GTX uses a combination of molded TPU-and-mesh to form the upper. The structure is supported by welded overlays in certain areas, as well as a reinforced TPU toe cap that also acts as a protective unit.
The breathable quality of the mesh is emphasized by a cleatie construction that provides a smooth and seamless in-shoe feel. The sock-like configuration hugs the foot for the most comfortable fit. The tongue is also part of this structure, thus forming a one-piece unit that prevents hot spots.
With the Gore-Tex membrane, the Terrex Agravic XT GTX is ensured a waterproof coverage to keep the foot dry without sacrificing breathability and comfort. The Gore-Tex material is also known for being a protective material not only against water but also from mud and snow, allowing for an even more versatile usage of the shoe.
The Terrex Agravic XT GTX includes a heel pull-tab, which permits a convenient way of wearing and removing the shoe.