Who should buy the Saucony Ride 9
The Saucony Ride is a series of versatile trainers recommended for you if:
- You want a cushioned running shoe that can adequately support your neutral pronation
- You have a moderate to high arch and prefer a running shoe that is comfortable enough for daily wear
Updates to the Saucony Ride 9
- New Everun top sole that is more responsive and durable than regular EVA foam, resulting in better cushioning and responsiveness
- New Tri-Flex outsole for superior ground contact, smoother ride, and improved flexibility
- An updated outsole layout also promotes a smooth ride as the design enables quicker movements
- A completely seamless upper to make it lighter and lessen the risk of hot spots
Tried and tested carbon rubber
The classic Saucony mix of XT-900 carbon rubber is located in the heel and the toes for superior durability while the iBR+ blown rubber is placed in the midfoot and forefoot for better traction. The XT-900 is also used in the Saucony Ride 10 for a reliable outer sole performance.
Saucony’s trademark Tri-Flex outsole uses strips of rubber up around the forefoot to midfoot to improve ground contact. The rubber is separated horizontally by flex grooves for more flexibility. On the lateral side, arrow-shaped rubber pods that are divided by shallow grooves add both grip and continuity in the Ride 9.
Better responsiveness and durability
Saucony included its latest technology with the introduction of the Everun. It is a TPU based material that is incredibly more responsive and durable than industry-grade EVA. As it is placed on the top sole, it is just below the sockliner for a more natural and consistent cushioning in the heel, midfoot, and forefoot. Giving the shoe its main cushioning duties is the SSL EVA, another Saucony-exclusive technology that is very light and quite durable without the weight.
An SRC compound in the heel offers added shock-absorbing quality.
Breathability in diamond shapes
A diamond-patterned mesh delivers breathable coverage with FlexFilm overlays providing support and security. With a very well-padded collar and tongue, the luxurious feel upon entry is guaranteed.
The RunDry material in the heel wicks moisture away for a cool run every time out. An insole adds cushioning and support in the Saucony Ride 9.