Being a new presence in the performance footwear industry, the Hoka One One continues to amaze runners as the brand’s range of maximalist shoes is highlighted frequently in 100, 000 or so shoe reviews. If you hit the pavement more than the trail, invest in the best Hoka One One road shoes for top- notch comfort, support and shock absorption.
Why are Hoka One One road shoes great for performance running?
- Road shoes have varying cushioning to cater to different pronators. Neutral pronators can enjoy minimal cushioning in neutral road shoes without losing the shock attenuation and debris protection properties. On the other hand, stability and motion control road shoes offer medial support and premium cushioning to help over pronators facilitate an efficient gait cycle on the pavement.
- Road shoes are versatile. They can be used on the track, road, gravel and other even surfaces. In fact, some of the best Hoka One One road shoes can also be used for cross- country runs. Their non- aggressive sole pattern could fare well on light trails, like nature routes, without compromising protection and traction.
- Road shoes are lighter than trail runners because they do not have aggressive lugs to add weight. In fact, half of road shoes on the market are light enough to be used for speed training and racing. Others can perform well for sports, cross training, regular running, high mileage runs and even casual activities, like traveling.
- The best Hoka One One road shoes are rarely waterproof. However, they make up for it with more grip on their outsole. With this feature, they can be used on wet surfaces without a problem. Other road shoes also have water drainage systems to help expel water from the shoe faster.
- Shock attenuation is prioritized more than debris protection. You could only see slight irregularities on the road, so the impact forces during repetitive strides are more of a concern. The best Hoka One One road shoes have cushioning that improves shock absorption, but does not sacrifice ground contact or flexibility in certain models.
Factors to determine the best Hoka One One road shoes on the market
- Heel to toe drop. When picking among the best Hoka One One road shoes, you should prioritize the heel to toe drop if you want to pursue minimalist running. You can choose up to a zero drop profile for a road shoe; however, if you are nuts about cushioning, getting a drop as high as 13 mm would be fine.
- Arch support. Pronation control should be a consideration when choosing road shoes. If you are a neutral pronator, lesser arch support is recommended. Your medium to high arches would not need medial support and you can facilitate a natural running movement by skipping stability- focused features. However, over pronators need arch support to decelerate their pronation; thus, a more structured arch in the midsole is recommended. Stability- focus technologies from Hoka One One include the Active Foot Frame and the Balanced Meta- Rocker.
- Weight. Choose lightweight platforms for speed training or racing. However, average platforms are acceptable if you focus on regular running, performance training, cross training and casual wear. The cushioning in the best Hoka One One road shoes might drag the weight of the models, so they are heavier than regular road shoes.
15 best Hoka One One road running shoes
- Hoka One One Clifton 1
- Hoka One One Tracer 2
- Hoka One One Clifton 5
- Hoka One One Hupana
- Hoka One One Gaviota
- Hoka One One Bondi 6
- Hoka One One Clifton 5 Knit
- Hoka One One Arahi 2
- Hoka One One Bondi 5
- Hoka One One Hupana 2
- Hoka One One Cavu
- Hoka One One Arahi
- Hoka One One Clifton 4
- Hoka One One Bondi Leather
- Hoka One One Clayton 2
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...