Choosing a pair of Adidas hiking shoes for your next adventure can be an investment you won’t regret. The footwear giant offers a diverse lineup of low-cut hikers. They are designed to protect your feet and boost your performance without experiencing discomfort. These products are also packed with various technologies to keep weight to a minimum, making your every stride lighter. All of these features converge in this type of gear to make your hike a safe and successful one. There may be a lot of choices in the market but a safe bet is to consider Adidas hiking shoes for your upcoming trip.
Merits of the best Adidas hiking shoes
Best Adidas hiking shoes - August 2018
The brand’s hikers offer several advantages to satisfy the needs of outdoor enthusiasts. Here are some benefits you’ll gain in a pair of Adidas hiking shoes:
Comfort is optimized
You’ll notice how comfortable Adidas hiking shoes are the moment you try them on. They’re actually ready to be worn right out of the box. Unlike hiking boots, you won’t spend a lot of time breaking these shoes in. There’s a breezy feel whenever you wear them. Mesh fabrics dominate a huge chunk of the upper to ventilate your foot better. The upper prevents moisture build-up so your foot will stay fresh throughout the entire hike.
Take a look inside and you’ll see a fabric lining that gives a comfy in-shoe feel. There’s a molded foam insole to cradle your foot and a Speed Lacing System to secure it. Adidas hiking shoes also come with a padded tongue and collar for improved comfort. All of these components come together to create a comfortable hiking experience.
They’re not a burden on your feet
What makes your hike excruciating is when there’s too much weight on your feet. If your hike isn’t going to last for more than a day, a pair of Adidas hiking shoes will serve you well. For starters, their weight is very manageable on the trail. Walking in them affords a feathery feel to your every step. Thanks to a combination of synthetic textiles and mesh fabrics in the upper, the shoe’s overall weight is reduced. The best Adidas hiking shoes weigh 698 grams per pair. Compare that number to the average weight of popular hiking boots in the market. The difference can help improve your hike and make your trip more comfortable.
The support it provides is impressive
Maintaining your balance in each step you make is impossible if you’re not wearing the right kind of footwear. Adidas hiking shoes are engineered to render capable support for your hike. They are equipped with midsoles made from ethylene-vinyl acetate or EVA. These midsoles help absorb shock and provide ample cushioning to your foot.
Another component found in the midsole is a set of protective plates. These plates add more structure and rigidity to the footwear. The shoe is also endowed with thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) overlays for added support. Also, a heel insert made of Adiprene foam is embedded inside the shoe to dampen shock. Overall, Adidas hiking shoes provide the support your foot needs to handle a hike’s physical demands.
Is ankle support overrated?
It all boils down to how you’re going to use your Adidas hiking shoes. If the pack on your back isn’t that heavy, the brand’s shoes will work well. This footgear gives your ankles the freedom they need to twist and bend. At the same time, you’ll feel more comfortable in them as well. On the other hand, ankle support is needed when you’re going on a multi-day hike with a heavy backpack. If your ankles aren’t supported well, the excess weight can take a toll on your ankles. If this is the case, you can leave your Adidas hiking shoes at home for a pair of backpacking boots.
Your footing is secure
If you need reliable traction, you can count on Adidas hiking shoes to deliver. The shoe’s Traxion outsole holds its grip well on most trail conditions. The outsole’s surface is filled with aggressive lugs that bite into the ground so you won’t slip. This shoe component gives ample traction while you’re traversing slick rocks, mud, and scree. Going downhill won’t be a concern because there’s a heel brake to prevent you from sliding. All in all, Adidas hiking shoes provide the traction you need for your hike without any compromises.
Adidas hiking shoes are very versatile
Most outdoor enthusiasts won’t be caught dead wearing their hiking footgear outside the trail. They look too bulky for your everyday needs. It’s different with a pair of Adidas hiking shoes. Apart from using them for your hike, you can wear this footgear for different purposes. Some of the brand’s hiking shoes can be used for other activities, such as working out in the gym or playing tennis. This footwear can even be paired with your favorite pair of jeans for a casual stroll. Even when you’re tackling the urban jungle, these Adidas hiking shoes are stylish enough for your daily needs.
Is it wise to use my Adidas hiking shoes in a snowy terrain?
No. Using a low-cut hiking shoe in a terrain filled with snow or ice isn’t wise. You’ll be bringing along a pack full of winter essentials on your back. The lack of ankle support will increase the chance of a sprain to occur. Adidas hiking shoes aren’t insulated to protect your feet from the cold as well. You might catch a nasty case of hypothermia if you wear them. Also, they lack the necessary traction to counter slippery surfaces in this terrain. The wisest course of action is to invest in a pair of winter hiking boots. They provide more protection and performance in this type of environment.
Longevity isn’t an issue
Hiking footwear doesn’t grow on trees. They’re a vital investment geared to your outdoor performance and protection. Hiking shoes manufactured by Adidas are designed to give you your money’s worth. They are made to last long against wear and tear. Select shoe uppers are made from sturdy synthetic textiles and mesh fabrics. Some models use suede leather overlays for better durability. The seams of these materials are double-stitched for added reinforcement.
Adidas has fitted a rand of rubber in some of their hiking shoes. This shoe component makes the shoe’s toe box section tougher against all sorts of damage. There’s a plastic cover too located on the heel to prevent the shoe from caving in. These features afford a great deal of durability to the shoes so you can use them for a long time.
The outsole found on Adidas hiking shoes isn’t a slouch either. They feature Traxion outsole has patterns that are strategically designed to shed water and debris (a known abrasion-causing agent to this type of footwear).
What can I do to prolong the lifespan of my Adidas hiking shoes?
At the end of each hike, your hiking shoes are going to be filled with dirt and grime. If you aren’t diligent in cleaning your gear, your shoes will deteriorate at a faster rate. Your Adidas hiking shoes are no exception. Here are some simple maintenance tips to help you out:
- Place your shoes under running water. Get an old toothbrush to get rid of the dirt on them.
- Never place your Adidas hiking shoes in a washing machine. Likewise, don’t use bleach to clean your shoes because it’ll only ruin them.
- Mix a little bit of eco-friendly detergent with warm water. Use this mixture to wash your hikers.
- Remove the laces and insoles so you can wash them separately. Sprinkle a small amount of baking soda on these parts if there’s a strong smell coming from them.
- After cleaning your Adidas hiking shoes, dry them off at room temperature. You can stuff them with old newspapers or paper towels to absorb the excess water. Don’t leave them in the path of direct sunlight or other forms of external heat.
- Don’t use a scrub or a hard brush to clean your shoes. These things can damage the mesh fabrics of the shoe to your detriment.
Water protection is proven
Keeping your feet dry is one of the things that should be a no-brainer during a hike. Adidas hiking shoes help you accomplish this feat so you can hike without any worries. Some of the brand’s best shoes are lined with a waterproof membrane. This fabric helps repel water and prevents your foot from getting wet. As a result, you can tackle puddles along the trail, dew-soaked grass, or shallow streams confidently.
Keep in mind that these Adidas hiking shoes aren’t entirely waterproof. If you use them incorrectly, water will enter the shoe from the collar. Never submerge your foot so water won’t enter from the top. You also need to find shelter when the weather gets worse.
When should I not use my waterproof Adidas hiking shoes?
Select shoes of the brand possess a waterproof liner while some don’t. It won’t make any sense to use waterproof hikers if your trip is set in a warm environment. Your foot will sweat profusely and the moisture generated will be trapped inside the shoe. When this happens, there’s a big chance for blisters to form. Your foot will start smelling bad too. If you’re going to explore a place without wet elements, it’s best to use the non-waterproof version of your favorite Adidas hiking shoes.
Quick guide when shopping for Adidas hiking shoes
Getting new shoes for your next hike can be overwhelming, especially if you’re buying online. Since you won’t be able to fit the shoe first, it’s important to know as much as you can before finalizing the purchase. Here is a simple guide to making this process a lot easier.
- Find out the exact measurements of your foot. Take a tape measure to discover your foot’s true length and width.
- Once you have the necessary measurements, you can refer to Adidas’ sizing chart which includes US, UK, EU and JP sizes.
- Adidas hiking shoes are available for men and women. Men’s shoes typically start at size 4 and end at 14.5. Women’s shoes are usually sized from 5 to 13.
- There are half-sizes being offered so you can get the precise fit from your target hiking footwear.
- Most Adidas hiking shoes run true to size, but there are also exceptions.
- It’s crucial to know the width of your foot to prevent any sizing problems when the shoes arrive.
Is there a way to customize my Adidas hiking shoes to make it comfier?
Sometimes, there will be concerns about how the shoe fits your foot. Don’t fret because there are ways to customize the fit of your Adidas hiking shoes. Here are some solutions you can consider:
- Get new insoles. When the standard insoles aren’t living up to your expectations, you can always get a new set. Get the ones that provide long-term cushioning, excellent breathability, and has a moisture-wicking technology. Insoles that are lightweight and can be easily washed are also beneficial.
- Replace the laces. If your current set of laces is causing you more trouble, you can replace them. There are several options available to you, including laces made of Kevlar. This material is very sturdy and can last you a long time. Kevlar laces also provide a more customized fit to your Adidas hiking shoes. Just make sure to get a set of laces that matches the shape and length of your old one.
- Consult with an orthopedic. There are times when foot discomforts arise from foot issues. Not from the hiking shoe. In this regard, you need to consult with an orthopedic. This professional can identify the problem and recommend a solution to your foot-related woes.
The edge of Adidas hiking shoes
Adidas ranks among the top shoe manufacturers in the entire world. Their products can easily be found in shopping malls, retail stores, and online shops. Take a look around and you’ll see a pair that can suit your specific need.
Speaking of needs, Adidas has a shoe model that fits almost all kinds of activity. The brand produces footwear for everyday use or for those with an active lifestyle. Their shoes can be used for popular sports, such as basketball, soccer, and running.
In particular, Adidas hiking shoes are ranked among the best in their category. Popular outdoor gear review websites and experts have constantly praised the brand’s hiking footwear. These shoes often end up in the recommended list of these reviewers for their ability to deliver performance and protection to hikers.
How did Adidas begin?
Adidas’ humble beginnings can be traced back to 1924 when Adolf Dassler started making shoes in his mother’s laundry room. His brother, Rudolf, eventually joined the business to develop running shoes. The siblings struck gold when American sprinter Jesse Owens used their products during the 1936 Olympics. The company’s reputation skyrocketed with annual sales of around 200,000 pairs before the Second World War.
After the war, Rudolf left his brother to start Puma. Adolf formally christened his brand as Adidas on August 18, 1949. The company would go on to expand into other major footwear categories, such as basketball shoes, football boots, and sneakers. Adidas solidified its position in the market by acquiring Five Ten, a company geared for outdoor performance products, in 2011.
This acquisition led to the creation of Adidas Outdoor. The said division of the company caters to hikers and other outdoor enthusiasts who demand quality products for their chosen lifestyle. Included among their best-selling products are Adidas hiking shoes.
How are Adidas hiking shoes performing in the market?
The company’s foray into the outdoor gear industry has slowly progressed since its entry in 2011. In 2016, Adidas’ outdoor label enjoyed a 25% spike in sales. During the latter part of 2017, sales of the brand’s outdoor products doubled. This goes to show that Adidas is keen on increasing its presence in the outdoor gear market.
Adidas hiking shoes are priced competitively in the market. They come in different price-points that cater to your specific footwear needs. These shoes are priced accordingly to compensate for the technologies they feature. The most affordable shoes, such as the Terrex AX2R, are priced at $80. The best Adidas hiking shoes, like the Terrex Swift R2 GTX, are sold at $135. For sure, you’ll find a suitable pair from the brand’s lineup of low-cut hikers.
Remarkable Adidas hiking shoe lines
If you’re an outdoor enthusiast, you must have tried different hiking shoes from notable brands. When it comes to hiking footwear, Adidas is a dependable company to include in your considerations. Here are some popular hiking shoe lines from Adidas.
- This is considered as the brand’s flagship for their line of hiking footwear. The Adidas Terrex comes in a low-cut or a mid-cut design. At the same time, they are packed with the brand’s technologies in its various sections. Terrex uppers are a combination of synthetic textiles and mesh fabrics. The midsole component is made of EVA while the Traxion outsole offers excellent grip. There are also waterproof and non-waterproof versions for different kinds of environment.
- The Caprock line provides consumers with a lot of value. Some of the usual technologies used by the brand, such as a Gore-Tex liner and the Traxion outsole, can be found in this footwear. Adidas hiking shoes under the Caprock lineup are priced competitively in the market.
The brand is always at the forefront when it comes to footwear technologies. A pair of Adidas hiking shoes is a testament to their innovation. Every shoe comes loaded with varied features to help you hike better and safer.
- Adiprene. This is a midsole technology developed by Adidas for their footwear. Adi-equipped shoes provide a high level of shock absorption to cushion your foot. Most of the technology is located in the heel to reduce the impact of your every step and make it more responsive.
- The best Adidas hiking shoes are fitted with Traxion outsoles for remarkable grip. They feature aggressive multi-directional lugs to secure your footing and get rid of debris while you move. These outsoles are effective when you’re tackling muddy paths, slippery rocks, and steep slopes on the trail. The design of this component was originally meant for the brand’s football boots.
- Gore-Tex. This is the industry standard when it comes to water protection. Adidas hiking shoes that are imbued with this technology are a popular choice for hikers. The specialized surface of the membrane is filled with over nine billion pores per square inch to block water. The same microscopic design also allows moisture vapor to pass through it. A combination of waterproofness and breathability helps you prepare for varied wet trail conditions and unpredictable weather when you hike.
- Speed Lacing System. Adidas has included a speed lacing feature in its line of hiking shoes for a better and faster fit. Rather than fumble around with conventional laces, this technology allows you to lace up with a single stroke.
- Continental Some shoe models are endowed with outsoles made by Continental. This brand is known for producing rubber tires used for bikes and motor vehicles. As such, their expertise in manufacturing high-traction and durable rubber products translates well into outsoles used by Adidas hiking shoes.
- Ripstop. Certain Adidas hiking shoes feature an upper with ripstop fabric. This material is woven using a reinforced method to make it highly resistant against abrasions. In addition, Ripstop fabrics are also lightweight to lessen the burden on your foot.
- Climaproof. This is Adidas’ proprietary waterproof technology. Some of the brand’s hiking shoes use Climaproof to provide adequate protection against wet trail conditions and rainy weather.
Frequently asked questions about Adidas hiking shoes
How can I maximize my Adidas hiking shoes?
It’s important to remember the limitations of your footwear. Keep in mind to use the shoe in the terrain it’s designed for so that it will last for a longer time. In addition, you can also customize your Adidas hiking shoes to suit your needs better. Here some options you should consider for your hike:
- Gaiters are your best bet if you’re going to hike under unpredictable weather. These are garments worn over your Adidas hiking shoes and lower leg. They prevent water from trickling down into your footgear or soaking up your pants. Also, gaiters are designed to be breathable so your comfort won’t be compromised.
- Merino wool socks are the undisputed choice for hikers. These socks don’t trap moisture—the agent that will make your feet smell bad. They also don’t get heavy when exposed to water. Socks made of merino wool are the perfect item to pair with your Adidas hiking shoes, especially if you’re going to spend a long time outdoors.
Why should I prefer a pair of Adidas hiking shoes over hiking sandals?
If you need maximum breathability in a lightweight package, hiking sandals are pretty hard to beat. They are very handy if you’re hiking in warm weather or traversing a trail with minimal challenges. On the other hand, a pair of Adidas hiking shoes offers an upgrade in traction and protection. The outsole on a shoe from the said brand is very grippy and can handle most ground conditions. These shoes also have protective features against water, moisture build-up, and abrasions.
My waterproof Adidas hiking shoes aren’t working properly. How can I resolve this problem?
Take a closer look at your shoe’s upper. If you notice a tear, there’s a big chance that its waterproof liner has been damaged. Before you go ahead and ditch your footgear, there’s a fairly simple solution you can consider. If your Adidas hiking shoes use Gore-Tex, you can get a repair kit from the waterproof fabric company. This kit contains several Gore-Tex patches you can apply to the damaged area. Once applied, your shoe can stand a chance against varied wet trail conditions.
It’s important to note that this repair kit isn’t the end-all-be-all solution for this particular problem. If a Gore-Tex repair kit isn’t able to provide a satisfactory solution, then it’s time to get new waterproof hiking shoes.
Can I apply a waterproofing solution to my Adidas hiking shoes?
Before they are sold to consumers, Adidas hiking shoes are applied with a water-resistant coating. Over the course of time, this coating will wear out. When this happens, the shoe’s waterproofness will be less effective. What you can do is apply a waterproofing treatment recommended by the brand on your Adidas hiking shoes to restore its water repellency. When getting this product, make sure to get a solution that’s made for fabric materials. Keep in mind that such products are not a total guarantee in preventing water from entering the shoe. They’re meant for light drizzles, not for long exposure to water. If this is what you’re after, a pair of Adidas hiking shoes with waterproofing is the logical footwear choice for you.
12 best Adidas hiking shoes
- Adidas Terrex Tivid
- Adidas Terrex Swift R2
- Adidas Terrex Swift R2 GTX
- Adidas Terrex AX3
- Adidas Terrex AX2R GTX
- Adidas Caprock
- Adidas Terrex AX2R
- Adidas Caprock GTX
- Adidas Terrex Fast Mid GTX Surround
- Adidas Terrex Fast GTX Surround
- Adidas Terrex Skychaser LT
- Adidas Terrex AX3 GTX
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...