Who should buy the Nike Metcon 6 Mat Fraser
The Nike Metcon 6 Mat Fraser might benefit you if:
- You are looking for a training shoe airy enough to keep your feet fresh and healthy.
- You are after a shoe that would not weigh your foot down during training.
- A shoe supple enough for long-distance running is what you prefer.
Who should not buy the Nike Metcon 6 Mat Fraser
Folks who love to use heel inserts might get disappointed with the collar height of the Nike Metcon 6 Mat Fraser. An expert reviewer has noted that he feels like his heel will slip out of this Nike training shoe when the Hyperlifts are in use. Other Nike Metcon training shoes might do the job though.
Nike Metcon 6 Mat Fraser: The embodiment of a champion
Mat Fraser is a professional CrossFit athlete. He has consecutively won the CrossFit Games from 2016 to 2019, earning him the title 'Fittest Man on Earth' for those years. His hard work and dedication to his craft are embodied in this version of the Nike Metcon.
The striking colorway of the Metcon 6 Mat Fraser was carefully thought out. The black upper represents the "dark space" Mat gets into so he can focus. Red stands for focus. Meanwhile, the iridescent blue veins signify his calmness, even when under extreme pressure.
Mat's mantra, 'Hard Work Pays Off,' is printed on the sockliner.
The comfiness of the Nike Metcon 6 Mat Fraser
A majority of the testers believe that the Nike Metcon 6 Mat Fraser feels great on the feet regardless of activity.
Tons of users agree that the firm heel makes them feel planted on the ground during weightlifting and squatting.
Stay fresh and cool
Reviewers were unanimous in saying that this is the most well-ventilated version of the Nike Metcons.
Supple and light
A notable number of expert reviewers are pleased they can go on longer runs in this shoe because it is more flexible than the older iterations. Plenty of owners was surprised how light the Metcon 6 Mat Fraser was compared to their old Metcons.
Many consumers love the red and love the camouflage and leopard prints used on this footwear.
Nike Metcon 6 Mat Fraser vs. Metcon 5
The main difference between the Nike Metcon 6 Mat Fraser and the Metcon 5 is the upper material. The Metcon 6 Mat Fraser uses an engineered durable mesh with large pores that promote the interior's breathability.
Aside from the updated upper material and design, this pair of Nike CrossFit shoes retain the:
- dual-density midsole that keeps the heel stable while allowing forefoot flexibility
- removable insole
- Hyperlift wedge to add heel height to improve squats or lifting steadiness
- knife-edge heel counter that reduces wall drag when doing handstand push-ups
- rope protection that wraps the quarters protecting against abrasions
- Flywire for a secure lockdown
- solid rubber outsole
Nice to know
- Mat's workout routine is inscribed in the wrapping paper inside the box.
- This Nike training shoe comes with a warning sticker, informing buyers that the chrome finishing on the heel counter flakes off over time.
- The heel panel features 4 bullseyes, each one representing his wins in the CrossFit Games.