Who should buy the Adidas Pureboost X TR 3.0
Designed for various fitness activities, the Adidas Pureboost X TR 3.0 is a workout trainer for women who appreciate style and functionality alike. It is a solid prospect if:
- You are looking for a shoe that could perform well in HIIT, studio workouts, cross-training, and plyometrics.
- You are looking for a fashion-forward trainer that has great utility and at the same time can go really well with almost all types of clothing.
- Your fitness regimen involves a lot of toe splaying.
Updates to the Adidas Pureboost X TR 3.0
- Like the previous version, it still features that floating arch. However, it has been strengthened using the Stabilizing Torsion System. This component assists in the smooth forward roll of the foot.
- The underside is lined with rubber though the tread pattern has been dramatically changed. The sipings and the pivot point are gone and replaced with zoned tread patterns that facilitate traction in multiple directions.
- Another aspect that has been altered is the material used in the upper. Instead of mesh, the Pureboost X TR 3.0 uses knit. This fabric is breathable and also accommodates the expansion of the foot during workout sessions.
The underside of the Adidas Pureboost X TR 3.0 is lined with rubber. This compound protects the midsole against abrasion associated with training indoors or outdoors. It forms a cup-like mold that wraps the midsole and extends upwards at the forefoot to provide lateral support.
The outsole features zoned tread patterns which are a combination of chevron and horizontal lines. It promotes traction in different directions, which is useful during lateral cuts and dynamic movements.
The trainer was named after the technology used in the midsole. Boost is made of EVA foam pellets that have been subjected to heat to form its styrofoam-like appearance. This proprietary cushioning technology is described as having better shock-absorbing properties than the traditional EVA foam. It is said to have a high-energy return which gives it its bouncy characteristic.
The Adidas Pureboost X TR 3.0's floating arch
The floating arch is engineered to hug the foot for support. It facilitates natural foot movements but uses the Stabilizing Torsion System to avoid improper flexing. This structure bridges the forefoot to the heel and reinforces the arch for a smooth heel-to-toe transition.
Inside is an EVA sockliner. This layer enhances the shock attenuation of the midsole to keep the foot comfortable.
Sock-like fit upper
The upper of the Adidas Pureboost X TR 3.0 sports a cleatie construction and offers a sock-like fit. It is made of knit, a lightweight material that expands with the foot as needed. It is also breathable which helps in keeping the inside cool during high-intensity workouts.
The toe section is reinforced with a synthetic overlay. It prevents the knit material from fraying because of abrasion associated with working out.
Amplified lateral support
The footgear has a lace-up system that functions more as a fit-adjustment mechanism than for closing the opening of the shoe. The asymmetrical configuration of the eyelets aims to deliver a customized fit when the laces are cinched. Support bands are found in the first and last eyelets; they integrate with the laces and become taut when the laces are tightened, thereby amplifying lateral support.
An external heel counter is placed at the rearfoot. This component holds the back of the foot steady during explosive moves.