Who should buy the Nike Free TR 7
The Nike Free TR 7 provides athletes with a lockdown fit and a natural feel throughout an intensive training session. It is a solid choice if :
- You are into a variety of training routines.
- You need increased stability during weightlifting activities.
- You are looking for a pair that provides ease during multidirectional movements.
Updates to the Nike Free TR 7
- The upper unit of this new iteration took a departure from the previous ones in both design and color options. It features a more form-fitting mesh cover.
- A molded TPU cage was added on the midfoot and heel sections to support the foot during multidirectional movements.
The Nike Free TR 7 makes use of the brand’s proprietary Tri-Star design. It has triangular cuts throughout the outsole which allow the shoe to bend in multiple directions.
The rubber pods reinforce the high-wear areas, giving the shoe some protection. They also provide traction and stability on various surfaces.
The Free TR 7 has injected foam that provides cushioning and shock absorption. The foam is also flexible, letting it accommodate the natural bending of the foot during a workout.
Part of the midsole’s lateral side juts out in the form of an outrigger. It is able to stabilize the foot during lateral movements by giving it a wider platform.
The Nike Free TR 7 employs a closed mesh material, providing a form-fitting fit. The mesh is also lightweight and breathable, keeping athletes comfortable throughout the workout.
Synthetic dots are added around the toe box. They add structure and protection to the area.
Snug lacing system
A molded TPU cage wraps the heel and the midfoot. It helps to support the foot throughout a variety of movements. It also has extra pairs of eyelets to allow for a customizable lace closure.
The midfoot is further secured by Flywire cables on the lateral and medial sides. They intertwine with the laces and adjust to their tightening and loosening. It allows for an even lockdown of the foot.
Sock-like fit comfort
The inner sleeve delivers a soft, sock-like fit.
A pull-on tab at the rear of the collar helps to slide into the shoe faster and easier.