Review coming soon
Nike Metcon 7 has just been released by Nike. Our experts are working on a detailed review. Please, come back later.
Get an email when final verdict is ready:
Nike Metcon 7: A stabler Metcon or a runnable Romaleo
The seventh installment from the Metcon line features several updates based on past versions' feedback. The Swoosh brand and one of its famous collaborators, Mat Fraser claim that the Metcon 7 is more stable, thanks to a broader base in the heel.
This heel design is inspired by the Nike Romaleos. However, designers wanted to make the shoe more 'runnable,' so they decided to incorporate the highly-praised Nike React foam.
With a more cushioned and stable construction, Nike has successfully mixed the Metcon with the Romaleos.
Features you might love in the Metcon 7
Aside from its improved stability and enhanced comfort, a few other elements make the Metcon 7 a standout shoe.
- Durable medial rubber that wraps up the arch to assist during rope climbs
- A Lace Velcro loop is provided to prevent laces from coming undone
- With its mesh upper and overlays in high-wear areas, your feet are kept cool without compromising durability
- Heel handstand clip that reduces drag during wall exercises
- Flywire cables work with the laces for a lockdown fit
- Flexibility and natural foot movement are provided by grooves in the outsole