Who should buy the Brooks Beast 14
Consider the Beast 14 from Brooks if:
- You are a high-mileage runner who goes for a run daily
- You have a moderate to severe overpronation and need a solid motion control shoe
- You go on a run even if it’s rainy and wet - the Beast has a water-repellent capability, solid grip, and traction for that.
Updates to the Beast 14
- Added overlays in the little toe area and over the bunions, delivering a glove-like fit.
- Overlays from the midsole to the back of the heel were removed, giving a loose fit in the heel area.
- New moisture-managing upper mesh and the moisture-wicking sockliner that keeps the foot well-ventilated, cool, and free from moisture.
Impressive traction on both wet and dry surfaces
The outsole unit uses the HPR Green rubber in the forefoot that delivers impressive traction on both wet and dry surfaces. It works well with HPR Plus rubber that is strategically placed in the heel, giving added durability.
It also uses the Flextra rubber that provides enough amount of flexibility depending on the runner’s requirements. It delivers flexibility according to runners’ weight and running movement.
Brooks Beast 14 uses environment-friendly material
The midsole unit of the shoe generally uses environment-friendly material such as the BioMoGo full-length midsole that offers impressively resilient cushioning.
The shoe uses the Brooks’ full-length DNA cushioning gel that gives a specific reaction to runners depending on its weight, movement, pace, and running conditions. It generally delivers the right amount of cushioning needed by a specific runner, depending on what is needed.
Brooks’ highest level of stability
Added to this biodegradable material is the Progressive Diagonal Rollbar that serves as the tri-density foam, aiding against overpronation and providing an enhanced running experience.
The brand’s Segmented Crash Pad is also present in this shoe. It delivers the right amount of cushioning that efficiently absorbs shocks and promotes a smoother heel-to-toe transition.
Lightweight breathable mesh
The upper of the Brooks Beast 14 uses a lightweight breathable mesh that is durable. It has a moisture-managing capacity that keeps the foot cool and dry.
This mesh compliments well to the ultimate sockliner that has also a moisture resistance capacity. An internal support saddle is also used, delivering a more secure fit.