Review coming soon
Brooks Cascadia 16 has just been released by Brooks. Our experts are working on a detailed review. Please, come back later.
Get an email when final verdict is ready:
Brooks Cascadia 16 vs 15: A complete overhaul for the better?
A trail shoe from Brooks redesigned from the ground up, the 16th version of the Cascadia is here to make a step-up from its already good predecessors, namely the Cascadia 14 and 15. To achieve this, the following upper, midsole, and outsole reconfigurations are applied:
- The mesh upper is much more breathable and more pliable to conform better to the contours of the foot.
- There is more room in the toe box for sufficient wiggle room.
- For increased protection, the toe bumper has been expanded.
- The Brooks Cascadia 16 makes use of Brooks' new and improved DNA Loft v2 cushion system for a softer and lighter underfoot feel.
- There's also a 2mm increase of stack, meaning that the shoe has more protection.
- The TrailTack rubber of the Cascadia 15 is very reminiscent of the Catamount (only that it's a beefed-up version). This is a feature the shoe carries over from the 15th, but it has a redesigned lug pattern for enhanced flexibility and mud shedding.