Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
The fit of the BAPE x Adidas NMD_R1 is basically the same as the fit of the regular Adidas NMD_R1. With a slip-on construction, it has a lace-up closure that provides a secured lockdown. It has a pull tab located at the heel counter to help the foot to slip on and off the shoe quickly.
It provides a comfortable fit for those with standard foot width, but may also not be really accommodating for those who do not have the average foot width. The shoe is only offered in men’s sizing. However, women may purchase the shoe by reducing 1.5 sizes from their usual sizing to get their exact fit.
The BAPE x Adidas NMD_R1 is one perfect shoe for a street-style fashion as it was mainly the function of the Adidas NMD silhouette. The stylish look of the shoe allows the wearer to use the shoe accordingly to any appropriate outfit choice they would pick.
Though the sneaker is made for a street style purpose, it can also be a good pick for more casual use. The shoe goes well with a pair of skinny jeans, jogger jeans, and even a pair of shorts. Among the suggested styles on how wearers can rock their Adidas x BAPE NMD_R1 sneakers are:
- The BAPE x Adidas NMD_R1 ‘Black Camo’ on feet looks perfect with a rolled-up denim shirt and neatly rolled up denim jeans for a clean, timeless style. Be careful only to roll the hems up twice because the thick band may shorten one’s appearance from the waist down.
- A pair of Joe Blow jeans with an indigo Salerno chino can go well with the Adidas Originals NMD_R1 for a more casual look.
- For a sporty look, tracksuit pants or joggers and a jersey jacket can nicely match these lifestyle sneakers on a winter day. Wear black socks to create less friction between the foot and pants gap.
- Jeans or khaki pants also look good with a pair of BAPE x Adidas NMD_R1 sneakers on a cold day. Wearing no sock is suggested.
- Long summer dresses can work well with these stylish casual shoes.
- Shorts or mini-skirts can also stylishly match the NMD_R1 shoes of Adidas Originals, providing a hybrid athletic steez.
- For another comfortable and stylish look, girls can wear cuffed denim jeans and top them with a plain shirt and an optional denim jacket to match their pair.
- A comfy white hoodie and silky luxe black joggers can match stylishly the BAPE x Adidas NMD_R1 ‘Green Camo’.
The camouflage pattern on the colorway of the BAPE x Adidas NMD_R1, which is a signature for BAPE, is what most caught the attention of the buyers. Though not everyone is more likely in favor of the color pattern, it is mostly what the buyers see first. The comfortable feeling the shoe provides also receive some compliments from the wearers. They loved the feel of ‘like walking on clouds’ when they wear the low-top BAPE x Adidas NMD_R1.
Adidas is a portmanteau of the owner’s name, Adi and Dassler. Adolf “Adi” Dassler created the company in 1949 after he had fallen out with his older brother Rudolf Dassler who established Puma. Adidas, founded and headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, is now a multinational corporation that designs and creates not only clothing, accessories but also shoes.
Adidas is the largest company of sportswear in Europe, and after Nike, it is the second largest in the world. In the 1950s, the company grew steadily as association soccer players switched to Adidas shoes because they featured screw-in cleats and they were lightweight. In 1964, Adidas also began to produce apparel.
Over the years, Adidas has produced several shoes that were not only athletic but also later became part of a must-have streetwear outfit. The company also has partnered with a variety of artists, boutiques, brands, and celebrities. Among them are Kanye West, Pharrell Williams, Yohji Yamamoto, White Mountaineering, Solebox, Lucas Puig, Mark Sucio, Alltimers, Raf Simons, Gary Aspen and Bonethrower, Silas Baxter-Neal, Mark Gonzales, Daniel Arsham and Ari Marcopoulos that teamed up with Adidas to produce amazing collaborative works that later became sought-after by men and women of different generations.
The Bathing Ape or also known as BAPE is among the company that Adidas has collaborated with. BAPE is a Japanese clothing brand that was founded in 1993 by Nigo in Ura-Harajuku. BAPE and Adidas utilized the silhouette of the NMD in their collaboration.
The Adidas NMD first saw the light of day back in the year 2015, following the release of the Yeezy Boost 350 as well as the Ultra Boost. Adidas said before the shoe was released and no one knew what it looked like yet, that it was a combination of the three sneakers from their archives namely the Boston Super, Rising Star, and the Micropacer.
The silhouette was introduced through an event held in New York City, and they immediately got sold out after being released. The shoe was also considered to be one of the brand’s most talked about sneakers. Various colorways of the shoe were released one after another, making its resale values to skyrocket, and the brand to continue to re-sell the product.
The silhouette also has witnessed various iterations and collaborative releases as well. Along with these iterations is the one with a Primeknit upper and a Boost midsole and the one with a mesh upper and a Boost midsole. Both of these variations of the Adidas NMD are much sought after.
One of the collaborative releases for the Adidas NMD is the Adidas x BAPE NMD_R1 pack which was unveiled in July 2016 and was officially released in two colorways on November 26, 2016. It was released in Western Europe on January 12, 2017. This is another addition to the list of the BAPE and Adidas collaborations.
The BAPE x Adidas NMD_R1 features the camouflage colorway pattern in two color combinations in which BAPE is greatly known for - the “Green Camo” and another “Black Camo.” The former showcases the kicks upper in green, tan and brown hues while the latter features the pair in darker shades of blue, burgundy and purple. This release allows people to have additional choices when picking out a pair of silhouette. The Adidas x BAPE NMD_R1 price is at $150.
- The shoe features traditional flat laces.
- The signature 3-stripes branding of Adidas can be seen on the side of the shoe in white.
- A Bathing Ape branding is found on the heel pull tab of the shoe.
- The BAPE x Adidas NMD_R1 Green Camo and Black Camo (aka Purple Camo) are the two colorways released.