Adidas ZX 700
Best price from 50 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
77% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Size and fit
The running shoe DNA of the Adidas ZX 700 largely contributes to its structure that gives a lockdown fit and adequate foot support. Wearers can have a customized fit with a lace closure system that consists of flat cotton shoelaces and seven pairs of eyelets. On the tongue is a central tab that helps keep it in place.
Adidas ZX 700 Style
The Adidas ZX 700 took its sporty and retro vibe from its running shoe roots and completed with a breathable mesh upper with suede reinforcement panels. Proof that classics never go out of style, this shoe has been consistently out on the market across generations for more than three decades already.
It is the kind of sneaker that chooses no gender nor age and takes its wearer from a casual day out to workouts, outdoor activities, long walk, and even just for running errands. It is also an ideal pair to wear at night since reflective details are present.
Further, the ZX 700 is available in several colorways to match any kind of outfit. It also comes with an extra pair of laces in a different color as the first one for more flexibility style-wise.
The mesh and suede upper with prominent synthetic nubuck overlays make the Adidas ZX 700 a stand out sneaker. Also, it also presents a TPU heel counter that allows superior hold and a single midfoot eyestay as a subtle addition for a unique look. The contrasting Three Stripes on the sides complete its stylish look.
Adidas ZX 700 History
Comprised of classic-designed running shoes from the ‘80s that are still noteworthy up to this day, the Adidas ZX series irrefutably represents the athletic roots of the German brand. First of the series is the Adidas ZX 500, which released in 1984. Made in several colorways and material variations, not to mention the collaborations it got involved in, it changed the perception that running shoes could also look fashionably stylish in such a degree that it would even suit as an everyday ensemble.
The Adidas ZX 700 debuted the following year in a style primarily inspired by the ZX 500. It was also designed to perform as a high-mileage running and trekking shoes with its high-performance and durable rubber outsole, a TPU heel cage for motion control, and an upper with a combination of suede, leather, and nylon materials for durability and support. Back then, it was one of those shoes ahead of its time as it also intended to work in unison with the body's movements.
Now, more than 30 years on, the ZX 700 remains as one of the well-known and highly-sought Three Stripes models. It has been released in lots of colorways and variations. Although re-introduced as a lifestyle shoe under the Adidas Originals umbrella, it still preserves its retro look and classic style that shoe enthusiasts and regular consumers loved back then.
- Both the tongue and the collar have sufficient padding to deliver a cozy feel around the ankle. Also featured for added comfort is the OrthoLite sockliner.
- The EVA midsole is utilized as well for lightweight cushioning.
- The full-length rubber outsole ensures excellent grip and traction.
- The Trefoil logo is presented on the tongue in a woven label, as well as on the heel, lateral side of the midsole, and outsole.
- Also featured for visibility in low-light conditions are reflective details on the toebox and the heel.
- The ZX 700 weighs 10 oz.
- The first collaboration of the Sweden-based footwear retail shop Sneakernstuff with Adidas was on the ZX 700 in 2006.
- Several celebrities like John Hall and rapper MaEzeedoesit have been photographed wearing their pairs of the ZX 700.