Shoes best for road, track and light gravel. See the best road shoes.
Shoes best for trail, off road, mountains and other unstable surfaces. See the best trail shoes.
Good to know
As long as you stick to the road or path, and if you want just one running shoe, buy a road running shoe.
Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who does not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who needs arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a normal arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overproanation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
0 / 100 based on 0 expert reviews
These are visual presentations, not reviews
Adidas Matchcourt Mid History
Surfers thought of transforming the notion of riding on ocean waves onto the streets, thus skateboarding was introduced in the 1940s. From the birth of the so-called “asphalt surfers,” a shorter variety of surfboard with metal wheels came into surface on the streets of Hawaii and California.
What started as a mere diversion, skateboarding developed into a culture where riders are gradually making waves on street parks, vertical ramps, through various tricks and board maneuvers. Until olleing, the greatest trick ever invented was introduced in 1978.
By the 1980s, skateboarding has earned legions of supporters, particularly coming from the US and Germany. And just like other popular sports, namely baseball and football, skateboarding became a widespread sport with iconic figures on decks turning into professional riders.
Adidas is one of the brands that pegged a deep foundation in skateboarding and created channels that responded to the growing interest in this kind of sports. In 1998, the Adidas Skateboarding, which is an offshoot of the Adidas Originals was created.
This segment supports amateur and professional skateboarders around the world by producing footwear and apparel and distributing them through a network of skateboarding retailers. Pro skaters such as California-born Mark Gonzales, Munich-raised Dennis Busenitz, and American music artist Na’Kel Smith teamed up to be part of the Adidas Skateboarding group.
The early releases of skate shoes were juxtaposed versions of other performance shoes. These were modernized in the coming years as the construction of the upper and sole were tailored to correspond to the needs of the skaters in terms of boardfeel, grip, and flexibility.
In 2016, Adidas introduced the Matchcourt Mid by taking cues from its classic 1980s tennis sneaker. The court shoe was restructured with skate-specific features such as enhanced rubber toe bumper to resist immediate damage and fortified eyestays that protects the laces from excessive wear. The mid top upper wraps the ankle for the added support while the durable outsole offers a better grip. This vulc shoe comes in various colorways and materials to suit the diverse tastes of skaters.
Adidas Matchcourt Mid Style
Skateboarding culture has a distinct style and attitude that either echoes the lifestyles of iconic pro riders or speaks about a skater’s choice of comfortable street apparel. The most essential component to skaters’ attire is their skate shoes. The Adidas Matchcourt Mid offers a comfortable appeal that matches the abrasiveness of skateboard surfaces, concrete alleys, and asphalt pavements. This shoe is a style staple as its timeless mid-cut profile blends well with slim fit jeans, straight fit pants, chinos, shorts, and dresses.
Fit & Sizing
The Adidas Matchcourt Mid has a standard lacing system that does not constrict the toes. This skate shoe generally runs narrow and reviewers recommend those with wider foot measurements to obtain a size higher than their usual size. This shoe is available in men’s sizes from 5 to 13 US.
The Adidas Matchcourt Mid is reminiscent of the classic 1980s tennis shoe with modern revamps and in a mid-cut edition that’s transformed into a vulcanized skate shoe. It is easily identifiable with its restructured toe bumper that covers a bigger toe cap area and on the flip side, its reinforced rubber gum outsole.
- The upper of the Adidas Matchcourt Mid is made of heavy-duty suede material that provides protection to the foot.
- This mid-cut skate shoe has a removable polyurethane sockliner meant to offer impact cushioning.
- The grommets are reinforced to provide longer life as the top part of this skate shoe is prone to tearing.
- The sole of this vulcanized shoe is constructed with several layers of rubber, bonded together, and attached to the upper using a rubber foxing tape.
- Skate shoes come in two sole structures: the vulcanized and cup sole. The vulc shoes are generally flexible, lightweight, break in immediately and offers good boardfeel.
- The Na’kel Smith Matchcourt Mid is inspired by the classic 1975 basketball sneaker, the Adidas Nizza. This limited edition dropped in 2016, is made of leather upper with the noticeable Three-Stripe branding on the side panels done in different shades of blue. The “Na-kel” inscription on the side panels are made of metallic gold.
- Adidas Skateboarding dropped the old school-inspired Matchourt Mid Marc Johnson in the Spring of 2017 with perforations on the tongue for the added breathability. This skate shoe is made in Pantone 542 colorway with a gold foil callout on the side panel inscribed with “MJ”. This is the first signature colorway of Marc Johnson under Adidas Skateboarding.