The Adidas Jogger SPZL is available in men’s sizes from 7 to 13 in medium width. This pair generally runs true to size. It features the traditional lace-up closure system for a personalized secure fit. The leather pull tab is found in the heel for easiness in putting on this pair.
The Adidas Jogger SPZL is made with a premium suede upper with short T-toe overlay for a throwback style. Most wearers use this during their casual activities. Many of them can be seen wearing this sneaker with their joggers, jeans and even shorts. Throwback style fanatics simply rejoiced about the resurrection of this shoe in the market.
The short T-toe overlay and the original leather tongue design make this shoe notable for many buyers. This feature plus the timeless suede upper takes the buyers back to the retro days. Gary Aspden, the curator of the Spezial collection, shared that the tongue is his favorite part of this sneaker model.
For the past years, Adidas has been serious in improving their lifestyle collection by collaborating with various athletes, artists, and personalities. They have also been victorious in reviving archived collections, such as Stan Smith and the Superstar, and creating special collections.
One of the many special collections of the Three Stripes is called the Spezial, which was started by Gary Aspden. He is one of the brand’s biggest aficionado who has gone to various areas in South America to hunt down relics of the history of the Three Stripes. Adidas volunteered Aspden to curate the Spezial collection and will further dig the brand’s archive to create a new design based on the vintage models.
In the Summer/Spring 2017 Spezial collection, the Adidas drew inspiration from the British casual and Jamaican reggae cultures. The brand created a collection which includes apparel such as premium SPEZIAL Tracksuit, military jacket, long sleeve soccer shirt and polo shirt. In addition, some of the resurrected shoe models in this collection are the Atlanta SPZL, the Brisbane SPZL, the Garwen SPZL and the Jogger SPZL.
The Jogger was released in the 70s and was resurrected by the Spezial collection. Adidas re-imagined it and tweaked a bit for the current market while maintaining some of its iconic elements.
- The classic “Made for Spezial” label is printed on the bottom of the tongue.
- It has the suede paneling on the toebox to add durability.
- It has the serrated suede iconic 3-Stripes branding on the side.
- The leather mustache on the heel has the Trefoil logo printed.
- It has a grain-pattern rubber outsole with tread pattern on the heel and toe for additional traction.
- The Jogger is part of the original collection of Adidas called Freizeit that is created for leisure and not for performance.
- The Adidas Spezial is a line that celebrates the original Freizeit line. This collection draws models from the brand’s massive archive and re-imagines them for the current market.