Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
The Adidas EQT Running Support shoe is designed and marketed for the gentlemen. The leather overlays provide the needed support while the lace-up closure and the burrito tongue give a more secure and snug fit. Incorporated into the Three Stripes side brandings are nylon strips that help provide wearers a lockdown fit and feel.
This classic sneaker features a synthetic leather upper with distinct three stripes branding on the sides. Based on a running shoe silhouette, it has an athletic overall look that men of all ages can rock casually. It looks great with a pair of jeans, pants, or shorts, and even with sportswear.
The Adidas EQT Running Support exudes a classic athletic design. It has a unique wraparound burrito tongue for a more secure fit and structural eyelets for the laces. The three stripes branding trails from the upper down to the midsole.
Given its worldwide success, it is no doubt that Adidas is currently one of the best and highly sought footwear, apparel, and accessories brands. However, before it became what it is today, Adidas experienced low sales and being on the brink of collapsing back in the ‘90s. It made a bold move of doing a complete brand overhaul, but the risk they took resulted in a positive outcome.
In 1990, Robert Strasser and Peter Moore lead the brand’s “no bullshit” approach and introduced the Adidas Equipment line (EQT). The EQT created a simple, functional, and performance-based lineup of footwear and apparel for various sports such as running, soccer, basketball, volleyball, and fencing.
The approach to the EQT line was minimal in such way that the design process is more of elimination than preservation, while utilizing the necessary innovation in order to come up with high-performance and quality products. Practicality was the priority over fashion and the goal was to produce products that will meet the needs of the athletes.
One of the shoes in the Adidas EQT line is the Adidas EQT Running Support, which was first released in 1993. It features a mesh upper with synthetic overlays, a wraparound tongue, EVA midsole, and Torsion technology in the outsole. It was retroed in 2014 and re-released as the Adidas EQT Running Support 93.
In 2015, the classic Adidas model received an upgrade through one of the brand’s cushioning technology that made the Adidas Yeezys and the Adidas Ultra Boosts both successful in terms of sales and popularity – the Boost technology. The upgraded version is called as the Adidas EQT Running Support Boost.
- The EQT Running Support shoe features the Adidas Equipment branding on the heel and the Adidas logo on the tongue.
- It also features the TORSION outsole technology and the heel Impact Cell.
- The EQT Running Support received a premium treatment through the “Premium Pack”, which was released in 2015 in two monochromatic pairs in fine leather.
- The EQT Running Support “City Pack” is comprised of monochromatic black New York, mustard yellow Rio, cardinal red Kopenhagen, navy blue Tokyo, and white vapor Berlin.
- In 2014, Adidas Originals and Packer Shoes teamed up to release the EQT Running Support ’93 “Micropacer” in celebration of the iconic Adidas Micropacer shoe’s 30th anniversary and the sneaker boutique’s 10th