The Adidas Crazy 8 ADV Primeknit is available in men’s sizes from 4 to 10 US in medium width. This pair runs true to size, however, some find this model tad narrow. They suggest grabbing a half size up for a more comfortable fit. It has the lace-up closure system for a lockdown fit.
The mid-top Adidas Crazy 8 ADV Primeknit is an upgraded version of a 90s basketball shoe. Staying true to its predecessor, this pair retained the futuristic look that is very different from the conventional designs in the market. Adidas turned it into a lifestyle kick using the woven Primeknit textile sitting atop an injected EVA midsole and smooth rubber outsole. Many users don this pair with jeans, joggers, shorts or with their activewear.
There are a few striking features of the Adidas Crazy 8 ADV Primeknit that will surely catch the eyes of many buyers. One is the modernized zigzag rubber on the sidewalls. This adds a futuristic touch to this edgy sneaker. Another feature is the presence of the Nubuck overlay on the heel for a supple design. This design not only works to enhance the aesthetic appeal but also provide additional heel support.
Fresh from high school, Adidas commissioned Kobe Bryant to be their endorser. During his rookie years, Bryant played wearing the Adidas EQT Elevation. His first signature shoes KB8 was launched in 1997 that reflected his crazy athleticism and youthful potential. His first signature shoe presented a technology that takes the natural motion of the shoe.
Since Bryant left Adidas, his first signature shoe was renamed as the Crazy 8 and the brand removed the Feet You Wear technology due to legal disputes. Since the Crazy 8 was considered as one of the most memorable on-feet selections, Adidas retro-ed it in 2005. However, it later reached the clearance prices due to oversaturation of colorways released in the market.
In 2011, the Crazy 8 hit the market once again using the original colorway and added other hues. Adidas’ new frontman Derrick Rose was seen wearing the Crazy 8 in his highly televised game against the Miami Heat that helped the Crazy 8 shine back on the hard court.
The Adidas Originals updates the iconic silhouette with a lifestyle twist. The Adidas Crazy 8 ADV Primeknit is presented as a breathable and lighter version of the Crazy 8 ADV. The Three Stripes refined it to meet the modern specifications.
- The Primeknit upper of the Adidas Crazy 8 ADV Primeknit provides supportive fit by wrapping the foot entirely. It also gives an ultralight comfort.
- It carries a comfortable textile lining that is breathable and lightweight.
- It features a slightly padded collar and tongue to add support and comfort.
- The heel pull tab aids the wearers in putting on this pair.
- It has an injected EVA midsole that provides a lasting, lightweight cushioning.
- The see-through rubber outsole offers durability and traction.
- Adidas Originals Trefoil logo can be found on the heel and tongue.
- This shoe features the Torsion System which was first introduced in 1988. This system is composed of thermoplastic arch support that lets the forefoot and rearfoot move freely. This allows the midfoot to adjust naturally to the ground thus provides support and stability.