Good to know
The Busenitz Vulc ADV is available in men’s sizes. For the women who would like to get a pair, going down 1.5 from their usual sizes should give them sufficient fit to wear this shoe.
The low-cut Busenitz Vulc ADV isn’t only creating waves among skaters, but to non-skateboard riders as well as its classic silhouette goes perfectly with any tapered jeans, joggers, and even chinos. Legions of skaters have somehow created a distinct streetwear fashion that equates to casual T-shirts paired up with slim-fitting jeans matched with their preferred pointed skate sneakers. And the Busenitz Vulc ADV fits the criteria so well. Baggy pants, however, are an unlikable match.
One of the notable features of the Busenitz Vulc ADV is its great board feel. With only a little thickness underneath the foot, skaters get a better feel of the board which gives them more confidence to glide and do various kickflips. Its vulcanized rubber outsole is noticeably flexible and provides good grip on the board
Influential pro skateboarder Dennis Busenitz, who started skating and ollieing in Munich at the age of 5, teamed up with Adidas alongside prominent skater Mark Gonzales in coming up with a line of signature skate shoes in 2006. Dennis’ initial three-stripe branding was the Busenitz Pro, a skate shoe created on a rubber cup sole released in 2010. It was succeeded by a vulcanized version with a customized tongue called the Busenitz Vulc. And the more advanced variation hit the streets later, named Busenitz Vulc ADV, made of one-piece nubuck suede with a protective rubber on the toe cap.
The design structure of the Busenitz skate shoe line was taken from the brand’s archive of celebrated soccer cleats. Its silhouette was based on the highly popular soccer shoes of all time with a noticeable oversized tongue, the Copa Mundial launched in 1979. While finer details were lifted from the 1950 Samba, a familiar-looking Adidas classic made of suede upper, initially made for indoor soccer.
This vulcanized variation of the Busenitz skate sneaker is a reflection of the powerhouse, unstoppable skater’s flexibility in performing breathtaking flips.
- Its supportive collar securely wraps the ankle with the trademark Geofit padding to prevent the ankle area from limited movement and to protect that region from being hit by the board during flips and turns.
- High-grade suede leather strengthens the upper and prevents it from wearing easily.
- The toe area is strengthened by a hard-wearing Adituff protection
- First three pairs of eyelets from the forefoot are recessed to protract the lifespan of the laces.
- It was said that the sidewalls of the sole are durable. It can withstand the abrasiveness of the sandpaper resembling grip tape on the skateboard.
- A thin yet strong layer of polyurethane material rests just underneath the foot for extra cushioning
- The toe box is slightly tapered to have better control during flip tricks.