Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
The Adidas 3ST.003 is a men’s skate shoe constructed with a low-top profile for flexible foot movement. Although equipped with a lace-up closure, this shoe features a full one-piece cleatie construction for a snug and sock-like fit. The toe box is equipped with ADITUFF™ technology, which increases the shoe’s durability and protection. The heel area, on the other hand, utilizes mesh material for enhanced ventilation and in-shoe comfort.
Not only is the Adidas 3ST.003 functional, but it also flaunts a standout aesthetic that fuses the gap between indoor soccer shoes and old school skate cupsole. Also known as the “Future Cup,” the 3ST.003 features the 3ST’s signature textured sidewall wrap in addition to reinforced suede in the forefoot, a fold-down tongue, and a structured mesh heel for that fresh skate shoe style. Because of such visual presentation, the Adidas 3ST.003 offers a variety of uses even outside skate parks. It can be paired with shorts, jeans, or pants for a laid-back, casual look.
Fusing functionality and style is made easy with the Adidas 3ST.003 skate shoe. As built to withstand every wear and tear of the sport, the suede upper is infused with ADITUFF™ technology, an Adidas technology that uses internal reinforced panels within the toebox to provide the much-needed durability in skateboarding. Adding to this is a Geoflex outsole with gum rubber wrap.
In 2018, Adidas Skateboarding came up with the Adidas 3ST line by using the brand's open source workshop design approach. Through this brand new concept, both the design and professional skate teams get to openly discuss the design process of skate shoes where style and performance are equally considered. Spearheaded by Adidas Skateboarding Senior Footwear Designer Scott Johnston, the 3ST line launched the 3ST.001 and the 3ST.002 as its initial models on April 5, 2018. The former is a lace-up skate shoe, while the latter is features a slip-on construction.
Made available worldwide via specialty retailers and online on September 1, 2018, at $90 a pair is the third installment in the 3ST line, the Adidas 3ST.003 “Future Cup.” Two colorways were made available including “clear onix/ grey/ cloud white,” and “core black/ light granite/ cloud white.”
- Aside from the abovementioned features, the Adidas 3ST.003 also has semi-translucent foxing tape with added rubber panels on the inner and outer sides.
- The fold-down tongue displays the signature Adidas Trefoil logo. While on the sidewall is the Three Stripes branding in the form of perforations.
- The mesh-lined interior allows breathability and added in-shoe comfort.
- The EVA insoles provide added comfort as well.
- This shoe has a cupsole construction for impact protection.
- The rubber outsole of the 3ST.003 features a combination of herringbone pattern tread and HEX-FLEX for optimum grip and traction.
- The 3ST stands for “Three Stripes.”