- You are after a shoe with ample ventilation to keep your feet cool and fresh.
- Daily activities require you to change footwear every so often that a quick-to-wear shoe would be convenient.
- The Nike Flex Contact 3 is an affordable running shoe that features a deconstructed design that mimics the natural shape and movements of the foot. It is manufactured using quality materials that aim to provide a fast and comfortable running experience. This neutral running shoe is intended for running on various paved surfaces.
- Knitted fabric is incorporated into the upper of the Nike Flex Contact 3 for breathability and pressure-free support. Instead of the traditional lace-up closure, which is featured in its previous versions, the designers included an elastic, slip-on lacing system. This component gives the user the benefit of shoelaces without the hassle of tying them.
- Another exciting update that is integrated into the shoe is the floating heel strap. This material is used to secure the back of the foot without being too restrictive.
A flexible bottom shield
In the outsole of the Nike Flex Contact 3 is a durable rubber material. This element protects the foot and the rest of the platform from sharp objects and other abrasive elements. The rubber outsole is also coupled with flex grooves from heel to toe. These flex grooves offer flexibility and allow the shoe to follow the natural flow of the runner’s foot.
Light and stable
Dual-density foam is integrated into the midsole to provide soft and smooth cushioning. The midsole is made out of an ethylene-vinyl acetate or EVA foam, which is a lightweight and flexible material that helps disperse weight and deliver stability.
A cozy cradle
A cushioned footbed is utilized to provide another layer of cushioning. Aside from giving comfort, the soft footbed also offers added underfoot protection and support.
The Nike Flex Contact 3 is crafted with a deconstructed look to provide a more conforming fit. The upper unit is composed of stretchable knit fabric that gives a secure and sock-like fit. The knitted top conforms to the natural shape of the foot and allows for continuous airflow, providing a cool and healthy environment for the foot.
This road running shoe also incorporates an elastic, slip-on style lacing system that offers a secure midfoot fit and allows for easy on and off. The elastic laces are paired with a floating heel strap that delivers pressure-free support.
The collar and tongue have a one-piece design to help deliver a snugger in-shoe feel. The tongue also protects the top of the foot from lace bites and seals the opening of the shoe to prevent the entry of small rocks and dirt. While the shoe collar gives comfort and protection around the heel.
Similar to the Nike Flex Contact 3, the Nike Free RN 5.0 is a stylish road running shoe that is ideal for runners with neutral gaits or those who supinate. It also features a slip-on construction that allows for easy on and off.
Both of these Nike running shoes utilize highly durable rubber outsoles with deep flex grooves that offer an enhanced grip and flexibility. The outsole designs of these shoes also aim to shave off weight for a lighter and faster running experience.
The Nike Free RN 5.0 incorporates a low-density midsole foam that lets the foot feel more connected to the ground. The Nike Flex Contact 3, on the other hand, utilizes a dual-density midsole foam that delivers a smoother and softer in-shoe feel.
Another difference between these shoes is the type of materials used in their upper units. The Nike Free RN 5.0 makes use of a single-layer mesh top for flexibility and breathability, while the Nike Flex Contact 3 incorporates a knitted upper for a sock-like fit. The knit fabric also allows for continuous airflow, providing a healthy environment for the foot.