|Update:||Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 37|
|Weight:||Men: 285g | Women: 255g|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 10mm | Women: 10mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Heel strike|
|Distance:||Daily running | Long distance | Marathon|
|Heel height:||Men: 29mm | Women: 29mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 19mm | Women: 19mm|
|Release date:||Jun 2017|
|Width:||Normal, Wide, X-Wide | Normal, Wide|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Green, Grey, Pink, Purple, Red, White|
|SKUs:||880555404, 880555413, 880555600, 880555602, 880556007, 880560001, 880560003, 880560103, 880560105, 880560606|
Reviews from around the internet
- 96/100 by RunRepeat (7 in-depth reviews)
- 95/100 by Road Trail Run
- 90/100 by Running Shoes Guru
- 86/100 by Solereview
- 93/100 by kofuzi
- 90/100 by Sun and Sole
- 87/100 by The Straits Times
- 86/100 by RIZKNOWS
- 85/100 by TF XC Running Shoe Reviews
- 88/100 by RIZKNOWS
- 87/100 by SwiftRunners
- 87/100 by Awesome Kicks
- 85/100 by Live Mint
- 90/100 by Alltricks Video
- 87/100 by Columbus Running Company
Video reviews and unboxing
- There may not be a lot of noticeable changes in the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34, but the updated upper, coupled with the current technology in the rest of the shoe, is enough to impress both new users and patrons of the Pegasus line.
- Although not a significant difference, the Pegasus 34 is generally lighter than its predecessor, thus, runners who are looking for all the speed boost they can get will approve of this update.
- The upper now features a newly-engineered Flymesh that is designed to provide support and ventilation on the top of the shoe. Together with the Flywire cords that are now installed differently, the foot is ensured to get a fluid ride and an adaptive fit.
- While still possessing the familiar outsole design and midsole technology, the Pegasus 34 has a sleeker designed upper and overall silhouette that is both pleasing to look at and comfortable to wear.
The Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34 fits true to size and gives a snug and secure fit without feeling restricted. The shoe provides an incredible foot lockdown and is efficient in preventing heel slippage. Coming in width profiles of D-medium, 2E-wide, and 4E-extra wide for men, and 2A-narrow, B-medium, and D-wide for women, this shoe is available to cater to all foot volumes.
The Pegasus 34 retains the signature waffle-patterned outsole made from Duralon and carbon rubber. These hexagon-shaped lugs wrap the medial part of the outsole and are designed to enhance flexibility. On the lateral part lies the stripe-shaped crash rail, is for a smoother transition through the gait cycle. Overall, these two patterns work together for incredible traction on any surface.
The midsole features a full-length Cushlon ST foam made of EVA foam that provides more softness and support while still producing enough level of bounce and responsiveness. There is also a removable insole that adds to the cushioning.
The Pegasus 34 has Zoom Air units located in the forefoot and heel, which reduces the weight of the shoe and provides a more cushioned landing. These Zoom Air bags give the foot a nudge forward off the ground with each step and offer additional support against vibrations running through from the outsole. This midsole unit is also present in the new Pegasus 35 running shoe.
Additional cushioning is given to the runner via the Fitsole sock liner. This add-on is anatomically shaped to provide mild support to the curves of the underfoot, particularly the arch.
The Flymesh technology of the Pegasus 34 now features bigger pores that are designed to reduce heat buildup when you run. This stable-engineered mesh wraps seamlessly around the upper, ensuring support and ventilation across the top of the shoe.
Like the Pegasus 33, this running shoe makes use of the Flywire closure system, which is now concealed by the layer of mesh mentioned above. These cords hug the arch of the foot for a dialed-in fit, connects to the laces, which then pull a partial cleatie that wraps the midfoot, ensuring a supportive fit while retaining flexibility.
A supportive fit is given to the runner through a partial cleatie construction. The soft mesh in the interior of the shoe wraps around the foot in a secure yet non-irritating way.
An internal heel counter holds the rear of the foot in place and prevents it from exiting the shoe accidentally.