- Good-looking design
- Very comfortable
- Responsive cushioning
- Impressive fit
- Superb grip
- Expensive shoe
- Lacks flexibility
ASICS Gel Kayano 25 review
If Nike has Pegasus, ASICS has Kayano. Now on its 25th version, the Kayano series continues to amaze runners with its performance and design.
I must admit that the Kayano 25 is also incredible.
What’s new with the ASICS Gel Kayano 25?
The biggest update in the Kayano 25 is can be seen in the midsole.
The shoe features the new cushioning foam from ASICS - FlyteFoam Lyte and FlyteFoam Propel. These two foams deliver a bouncy cushioning that would last miles after miles.
- Jacquard Mesh – The Jacquard mesh material provides exceptional fit while delivering maximum breathability. It conforms to the natural shape of the foot for a more comfortable wrap.
- Internal Fit System – Compose of no-sew internal overlays which offer structural support in the upper. It also offers added flexibility and enhanced fit.
- Meta Clutch Technology – The heel counter provides enhanced support and fit in the heel area.
- FlyteFoam Propel – The bounce and comfortable cushioning is provided by this technology. It is lightweight compared to traditional midsole foam while increasing overall durability.
- FlyteFoam Lyte – A midsole foam that delivers responsiveness all throughout the gait cycle. It provides a smoother heel-to-toe transition.
- Dynamic DuoMax Support System – A technology that reduces overpronation. It aids the foot as it moves, resulting to a smoother running experience.
- Guidance Line and Guidance Trusstic System – Both technologies are fused as one to improve gait efficiency and midfoot support.
- Rearfoot Gel Cushioning – Specifically placed in the medial side for impact absorption. It also gives added responsiveness in every stride.
- AHAR – The ASICS High Abrasion Rubber provides durability to the outsole, especially in high-wear areas. This carbon rubber material is strategically placed in the heel area.
- DuraSponge outsole – It is a blown rubber compound specifically placed in the forefoot area of the outsole. It gives added cushioning and flexibility.
Performance of the ASICS Gel Kayano 25
Aside from the good-looking design, the Kayano 25 also delivers an impressive performance on the road. The mixture of the FlyteFoam Propel and the FlyteFoam Lyte is a victory because it indeed delivers a very responsive cushioning.
As I run, every step feels so bouncy and protected. The midsole cushioning feels so light and very durable.
The performance of the outsole also deserves a special mention. The durable sole unit delivers good amount of traction on various paved surfaces. It also helps me stand out even on wet/slippery running conditions.
Kayano 25 fit and durability
The ASICS Gel Kayano 25 is true to size. I usually wear thin socks and the shoe fits perfectly. The heel and forefoot offer a very snug fit while the toe box is roomy enough for my toes to splay. Overall, the fit of this shoe is truly remarkable.
When it comes to durability, just like most of my ASICS shoes, the Kayano 25 is an outstanding pair. I have been wearing the shoes for several miles already and the shoe still looks fantastic.
The outsole material does not rip off and the upper still looks new. I know the shoe is expensive, but I think others won’t mind the price tag because they can absolutely use the shoe for months and months.
Comfort and breathability
When it comes to comfort and breathability, the ASICS Gel Kayano 25 is truly remarkable.
Aside from being lightweight and seamless, the jacquard mesh material has enough perforations that allow air to pass through efficiently. It provides my foot a very cool, sweat-free environment.
The overall design of the shoe delivers unmatched comfort. The internal linings, fit, and cushioning are very comfortable. Overall, I like the coziness of the Kayano 25 than the Kayano 24.