Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
Heel to toe dropMen: 3mm
Release dateJan 2017
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
95 / 100 based on 6 expert reviews
These are some of the best shoes Reebok has ever come out with.
They're comfortable, they're light. I think they look pretty good. And overall, they are a great shoe at, really, a good price.
If you are a CrossFitter who does a lot of running, it's definitely the shoe for you.
I highly recommend this shoe to anyone that's looking to get a good pair of CrossFit shoes.
Updates to Reebok CrossFit Speed TR 2.0
- As the name implies, the Reebok CrossFit Speed TR 2.0 was created for speed training, high-impact workouts, CrossFit WODs, and running. The new iteration of the popular model features a number of changes in construction and design to offer improved performance.
- The shoe now employs the Cordura fabric as the main material of the upper unit. It is engineered to be lightweight yet hard-wearing to endure the toughest workouts.
- The outsole design has also received a revamp. The multi-directional lug pattern with the RopePro piece on the midfoot aims to provide better grip on all kinds of surfaces, including the rope.
- The Kip Klip is added at the back of the shoe. It is a durable TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) compound that shields the heel during handstand push-ups.
Reebok CrossFit Speed TR 2.0 size and fit
The Reebok CrossFit Speed TR 2.0 can be purchased in both men’s and women’s sizes. It tends to run longer than other Reebok training shoes, so it may be necessary to go half-a-size down to achieve the right length. The width of the shoe is D - Medium for gentlemen and B - Medium for ladies. The shoe is designed to be snug and does not cater to people with wide foot measurements.
The CrossFit Speed TR 2.0 utilizes an updated tread pattern. It features lined lugs which are facing different directions depending on the part of the outsole. This design serves to provide multi-directional traction on varied surfaces.
The midfoot portion of the outsole is covered in vertical lugs as part of the RopePro technology. The also hug the midsole on both sides to shield the platform against abrasion during rope descents. They also ensure grip when the wearer ascends the rope.
The MetaSplit flex grooves are strategically placed throughout the unit. They afford flexibility to the platform to make it easily move with the foot. The highest concentration of these grooves is found in the forefoot where most pliability is needed.
The Reebok CrossFit Speed TR 2.0 makes use of an ultra-soft EVA midsole for cushioning. It is a responsive full-length foam which attenuates shock and gives a rebound during high-impact training.
The trainer has a 3-mm heel-to-toe drop. This differential places the foot evenly on the platform, allowing for a steady and grounded experience.
A TPU Kip Klip is added at the rearfoot section. This wear-resistant compound guards the heel when it slides up and down the wall during wall push-ups and similar exercises.
The Cordura fabric makes up the upper unit of the CrossFit Speed TR 2.0. This nylon material is well known for its quality and resistance to tears, scuffs, and abrasions. It is meant to withstand the most demanding workouts. It also has ventilation pores to keep the foot chamber aerated.
The polyurethane overlays are placed on top of the Cordura on the toe box and the instep. They add structure to the exterior.
A more rigid synthetic material wraps the heel and the toe box. These reinforcements act as bumpers that protect the areas from impact.
The upper uses a low-cut design. It makes sure that ankle mobility is not hindered during agile training.
- The colors of the trainer can be customized based on the buyers' own preference. By finding a product called "Custom Reebok Speed TR" on the official Reebok website one can alter each part of the shoe with a hue of their choice. The product can also be personalized by adding the wearer's name on the lateral side of the collar.