Who should buy the New Balance 510 v4
The New Balance 510 v4 is a trail shoe that’s designed for the neutral pronator. This is a recommendable shoe for you if:
- You want a trail shoe that is compatible with neutral pronation or supination
- You prefer a cushioned shoe that works well with heel striking patterns
Updates to the New Balance 510 v4
- A breathable mesh with leather overlays provide protection and support
- A more open upper construction for heightened durability
- Several foam technologies form the cushioning for a soft, responsive, and durable unit
- A wear-resistant rubber compound protects the shoe from abrasive surfaces
Adaptable and versatile outsole
The New Balance 510 v4 makes use of the AT Tread, which is a lug pattern that’s capable of adjusting to both trail adventures and road running. The trail-specific protrusions on the external pad aren’t too aggressive to prevent transitioning the activity to the roads.
Efficient shock absorption for energized transitions
ACTIVA is a full-length foam that’s meant to cushion the foot throughout the running session. It is touted to be 12% lighter than the industry-standard options, and it’s made to last longer too.
ABZORB is an add-on that’s made using a mix of proprietary foam and isoprene rubber. Its purpose is to absorb impact shock during the landing phase of the gait cycle and enable energized transitions through each step.
A soft insert is placed on top of the primary foam units. Its purpose is to add a bit more cushioning to the underfoot. It can be removed or substituted with a custom sock liner.
A reliable upper construction in the 510 v4
The New Balance 510 v4 makes use of a breathable mesh to provide a dry and well-ventilated interior environment for the foot. Its visible breathing pores are the ones that accommodate the flow of air into the foot-chamber.
Leather serves as the overlay system of this shoe. It’s stitched onto the façade, bolstering it and keeping it intact. The design and placement are not as restrictive as the 3rd version’s, thereby maintaining the breathable nature of the upper.
The plush tongue and collar hold the foot in place and prevent it from exiting the shoe involuntarily.