Who should buy the Brooks Transcend 4
Highly recommended for high-mileage road runners with mild overpronation who need a stability shoe for long-distance sessions and recovery runs.
Updates to the Brooks Transcend 4
- Showier façade than its predecessor as it utilizes more fused overlays and reflective materials.
- Upper unit makes use of breathable mesh and textiles in order to make the cover system more comfortable and agreeable during each run.
- Mid-sole foam molds itself to the shape of the wearer’s foot, resulting in a custom underfoot experience.
- Guide Rails are placed around the shoe; they support the runner by guiding the foot towards a smoother and more natural transition through the gait cycle.
- Outsole unit designed with Ideal Pressure Zones, which disperses stepping impact throughout the entire foot, resulting in a smoother and more comfortable experience that’s free of ‘hot spots’.
Delivers responsiveness, flexibility, and solid traction
Flextra is a rubber material that is responsive and flexible. It provides the right amount of flex for the foot by accommodating the gender and weight of the wearer. It also provides traction.
Blown Rubber is a durable compound that’s responsible for shielding the mid-sole from wear and tear. But its responsive build actually allows it to provide additional cushioning to the foot.
Transcend 4 provides comfortable and 20% more cushioning
The Ideal Pressure Zone design of the Brooks Transcend 4 evenly distributes pressure during each step, balancing the spread of impact energy throughout the whole foot. This results in a more comfortable ride that’s also effortless.
Super DNA is a mid-sole material that provides 20% more cushioning than the more prevalent Brooks cushioning technology, the BioMoGo DNA. It conforms itself to the shape of the foot, giving a plush and comfortable ride that’s tuned to the needs of the wearer.
Brooks’ Guide Rails give enhanced support and stable ride
Guide Rails are placed around the platform of the Brooks Transcend 4. These components give enhanced support to the runner by leading the foot towards a smooth, natural and stable stride.
Additional cushioning and flexibility is provided by the S-257 Cushsole compound. The Double Omega Flex Grooves allow the mid-sole to be more flexible, but it doesn’t compromise the cushioning quality of the foam unit.
Smoother landings and more agreeable mid-foot or forefoot strikes are given by the Rounded Heel design.
Brooks Transcend 4 offers breathable coverage
The Profile Sock Liner is made from BioMoGo. On top of giving additional cushioning, it also offers contoured support to the curves of the underfoot.
The upper unit of the Brooks Transcend 4 makes use of breathable textiles and mesh. It allows air to flow into the foot-chamber, thus providing a well-ventilated coverage.
Underneath the upper is the Element Lining, a material that manages moisture and keeps the interior environment dry.
Topnotch Conformable Construction for snug and secure fit
The Conformable Saddle Construction helps the upper fabrics in hugging the mid-foot, locking the runner in place and preventing any unnecessary wobbling of the foot during the running session.
The 3D Fit Printed Overlays which are also used in the latest Transcend 6, are add-ons in the upper that provide more structure to the shoe’s façade. These fused layers are strategically placed, giving a secure yet seamless fit.