Who should buy the ASICS Gel Quantum 180 3
- A great choice for road runners (who are neutral and under-pronators) who are looking for comfortable and breathable shoe for long distance runs.
- A good option for casual shoe enthusiasts and weekend warriors who want a well-cushioned road partner for jogging and walking.
Updates to the ASICS Gel Quantum 180 3
- Uses a soft and stretchy construction that adheres to the natural shape and motion of the foot.
- Midsole unit features a foam that is lighter than the standard EVA compound. It’s also designed to last long.
- J-shaped silicon-based material that’s meant to attenuate impact shock.
Reliable traction during the run
Same as with the popular Asics Gel Cumulus 20, the outsole unit of the ASICS Gel Quantum 180 3 makes use of AHAR or ASICS High Abrasion Rubber.
This layer is meant to shield the rest of the platform from the debilitating nature of the surfaces. It is also the one that gives traction during the run.
Gel Quantum 180 3 isolates the impact force
Flex grooves allow the platform to bend with the foot as it goes through the gait cycle. These shallow trenches also shave off weight from the sole unit.
The deconstructed back portion of the external pad allows the heel striking phase to isolate the impact force to the point of contact, thus preventing any discomfort or discrepancy to the heel-to-toe transition.
Lighter than the standard midsoles
Solyte is a cushioning compound that runs the entire length of the Gel Quantum 180 3. This foam is designed to be lighter than the standard midsoles, even the proprietary technology, SpEVA. Aside from being lightweight, this unit is also meant to last long.
Gel is a technology that’s created to attenuate impact during the landing phase. This silicon-based feature snakes from the heel to the lateral side in a J-shape. Such a placement assists the natural way the foot takes each step.
Offers additional cushioning
The ComforDry X-4O Sockliner offers additional cushioning to the underfoot. It has anti-microbial and anti-moisture properties that maintain a clean and healthy in-shoe environment.
A knitted fabric is used for the middle and front of the ASICS Gel Quantum 180 3’s upper. This cloth-like material offers a lightweight and flexible wrap that’s also breathable.
ASICS Gel Quantum 180 3 holds the foot in place
A form-fitting heel with outside padding has the job of holding the foot in place and preventing it from wobbling during the running session.
A seamless interior sleeve design prevents skin irritation. Such a configuration permits the runner to put on this neutral shoe without socks.