Before you buy the Adidas Terrex Trailmaker Mid
Are you ready to add the featured gear to your collection of high-quality hiking boots? Before you take the plunge and part with your dollars, consider its highlights and potential lowlights first:
- Designed with speed in mind, the Terrex Trailmaker Mid will propel your every step as if you were in a pair of supportive runners.
- With its cushioned yet solidly built ankle cuff and adequately rigid heel counter, you will get double the support in this bad boy.
- The lugs on its outsole deliver sufficient slip and skid resistance, while the shoe’s rockered construction makes strides over flat surfaces easier.
- It is part of RunRepeat’s most affordable hiking boots.
- The shoe in question might not provide the best protection on hikes in wet conditions. For such endeavors, look into its waterproof sibling—the Terrex Trail Mid GTX.
- While its Traxion outsole is grippy enough on different types of terrain, its performance on descents might be put into question as it lacks a proper heel brake.
- Adidas’ Terrex Trailmaker Mid has another sibling in the Terrex Trailmaker Mid COLD.RDY. This variant is fully insulated with a level of water repellency, making it ideal for winter hikes in mildly damp conditions.