Nike Space Hippie 02: When sustainability meets fashion
Inspired by the life on Mars, the Nike Space Hippie 02 was developed using the idea of limited natural resources. It is the second iteration in a series that were all made of almost 50% recycled materials by weight. Boasting its lowest carbon footprint collection, it includes other designs:
Nike Space Hippie 03. The tallest among the Space Hippies, this model is considered the most fashion-forward among its siblings.
Nike Space Hippie 04. This women-exclusive kick looks almost similar to the Space Hippie 01 but added with the striking heel tab for added style.
Remarkable features of the Nike Space Hippie 02
Other than the way the Nike Space Hippie 02 was designed and constructed, there are other striking elements about this iteration:
- The oversized Swoosh branding is seen extending from the toe area to the heel quarter.
- Its grid pattern found at the lateral side enhances stability.
- The pull tabs found on the heel and tongue create more dimension.
- The sock-like upper is seated on top of the crater foam that is made with scraps of Nike Grind rubber.
- Its Flyknit Space Waste Yarn upper is made with the collected t-shirt and textile scraps from the factory floors.
- Even the box of this model is created out of repurposed materials.