Who should buy the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 33
The Air Zoom Pegasus 33 from Nike is designed to deliver more propulsion for the runner. This shoe is recommended for you if:
- You want a road running shoe that is ready for long distances and speedwork
- You are a neutral pronator looking for a running shoe that can handle daily use
- You want a comfortable marathon shoe that easily supports your high arch
Updates to the Air Zoom Pegasus 33
- More evenly spaced out Flywire cables for equal pressure distribution and more comfort
- A slightly softer upper for a sock-like fit
- New reflective elements in the upper
- New hexagonal lugs in the outsole or better traction
- Redesigned flex groove layout
Sturdy rubber for definite traction
The Waffle outsole in the Zoom Pegasus 33 gets a new feature in the numerous hexagonal lugs covering the medial side of the underfoot from the heel to the forefoot. More substantial cuts are made across the crash pad the and crash rails to add flexibility since the forefoot now uses only a solitary flex groove, albeit a deep one. The heel and the midfoot are covered with sturdy carbon rubber while the forefoot offers blown rubber for better traction.
Tried and tested responsiveness of Nike Pegasus
A popular midsole foam in the Cushlon is utilized to handle the cushioning duties of the Pegasus 33. It has decent durability and responsiveness. Nike now uses Air cushioning units in both the heel and forefoot areas of the shoe. For better stability, Nike places a cellulose board on top of the heel Air unit. This midsole configuration has been used in other Pegasus versions including the Nike Pegasus 35.
Lightweight, but with reliable support
The upper is a sock-like fit with excellent breathability courtesy of the Flymesh. Giving excellent midfoot hold and support are the Flywire cables that are connected to the midsole and looped around the laces. To prevent the cords from causing pressure on top of the foot, a soft lining wraps the interior. Providing security and support in the heel is an integrated heel counter. The huge Swoosh logo acts as the only printed overlay in the 33rd appearance of the Pegasus.