Who should buy the Nike Air Max Tailwind 7
- Great choice for novice runners who want to level up their road running performance with a brand new neutral running shoe.
- For anyone who lives an active daily lifestyle and wants a stylish design running shoe for jogging or casual wear.
Updates to the Nike Air Max Tailwind 7
- Updated minimalist upper part creating a more snug fit that mainly relies on the laces to hold the foot together.
- Now sports a substantial welded overlay in the heel to help with the stability.
- Modified mesh material for lighter and ultra-breathable ride.
- Slightly remodeled outsole with numerous square and moderately aggressive lugs this time around.
Flex grooves for added flexibility
A Waffle outsole is utilized in the Air Max Tailwind 7. BRS 1000 carbon rubber, the same outsole material found in the Tailwind 8, occupies the heel for better durability.
Nike uses smaller square lugs compared to past versions for a more aggressive traction on the road. There are also deep flex grooves for added flexibility.
Air Max Tailwind 7 provides cushioning with good responsiveness
The midsole is made of Cushlon foam that runs the length of the shoe. As it is full-length, transition should be improved. The cushioning is quite soft with good responsiveness due to the foam pellets that have been compression molded.
In the heel and the forefoot, just beneath the midsole foam, are thick Air Max or Air units that absorb shock.
Nike Air Max Tailwind 7 offers more relaxed fit
The open mesh ensures runners of a really cool run while the mostly devoid of overlay construction creates a more relaxed fit.
Nike enhances heel support by adding fused on materials in this area. Comfort remains to be plush because of the moderately padded tongue and collar.